IntelliPoint 5.0 Question

pinout

great then I shall try it soon

no its nothing with the rules

its just that I don't see any point in quoting the whole post that's it.

if everyone quotes the previous post I think the bandwidth would double :)

anyways since i'm not a mod or anything its not my place to argue about it..

ow thanks @Joe User 99 !!!

Ok! Ignore previous post! :rolleyes:

I was trying to install Intellitype Pro with the MM switch. :) I had to use the "kb" switch instead to get it going. However I still went ahead and modified the msi since i wished to get rid of some shortcuts. Anyway everything seems to be working well. This is my command in my install.inf

[Keyboard]

HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\install017",1,,"%11%\msiexec.exe /i %01%\install\Intellipoint\Keyboard\ITP50.msi kb=1009 /QR"

[Mouse]

HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\install017",2,,"%11%\msiexec.exe /i %01%\install\Intellipoint\Mouse\IP50.msi mm=16 /QR REBOOT=ReallySuppress"

• 2 months later...

Thanks all, your notes have got it installed silent now.

I have a question though,

Which diles do i actually need? because i'm sure not all are needed and will it work with new 5.2 version of s/w does anybody know?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• 2 weeks later...
This is my command in my install.inf

[Keyboard]

HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\install017",1,,"%11%\msiexec.exe /i %01%\install\Intellipoint\Keyboard\ITP50.msi kb=1009 /QR"

[Mouse]

HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\install017",2,,"%11%\msiexec.exe /i %01%\install\Intellipoint\Mouse\IP50.msi mm=16 /QR REBOOT=ReallySuppress"

can someone enlighten me on the command used?

How shall I go about doing this? :}

This is my command in my install.inf

[Keyboard]

[Mouse]

can someone enlighten me on the command used?

How shall I go about doing this? :}

Yeah, I'd like to know as well, as I am trying to make an unattended CD at the moment, while waiting for my new hard drive which should come today. If someone could just give all that information summed up, it'd be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Note: the Command Line is:

kb=1009 /QN

[Keyboard]
HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\install017",1,,"%11%\msiexec.exe /i %01%\install\Intellipoint\Keyboard\ITP50.msi kb=1009 /QN"

But I prefer to use winrar self-extracting

• 4 weeks later...
hey guys... yeah, i saw this and i was wondering how to install intellipoint silent for a unattended xp disk. i'm kinda new at this so i was wondering if i could get it all in one full summary, like what exactly i have to do all in one post i guess... i'm a little confused. plus i was wondering then if intellitype just works the same way, or if that is any different at all. i really appreciate any help. thanks guys

I have been trying to work on a way to install these drivers only if you have the Intellipoint/Intellitype hardware installed on your system, but it seems MS doesn't want to make it that easy. If there was a file that get's installed by Windows on its initial install, if you have a MS Keyboard or Mouse installed, we could use that as part of an IF EXISTS statement in RunOnceEX.cmd (See my [url="http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=ST&f=88&t=31541&st=0#entry216703"]post here[/url] regarding Logitech Mouse and Keyboard).

Also, is there a list of Keyboards similar to the Mouse software listed. Not really sure what KB=1009 is (I have a Natural Keyboard Pro which I read in another post was listed as NKP).

So basically, the only install method so far, is to use the ITP52.msi file with the KB= switch and /QN. This does install silently, but you also need the \Files folder and the \Files\1033 folder in the same folder that the ITP52.msi file is in, for this method to work. Note that this install method will also put the Keyboard shortcut on the desktop.