Suggest a video card...

Rick

Hey,

I am going to break down and buy a new video card but I have no need to buy one of the $200 dollar game mongor cards. I sometimes play MS Flight Sim but most of what I do is messing with apps and surfing the web. Not much of a game player. Although there will be probably 100 diff. suggestions, thought I would throw this out anyway before I make the plunge. To sum it up...looking for a lower priced, quality vid card.

Rick

Ok, so you don't play games much. But do you often watch Multimedia content on your PC often, such as DVD movies?

An ATI Radeon card would be an option as it has excellent image and DVD playback quality.

Been thinking about that one and I do occasionally watch DVD's. Thing is, when I do want to play a game or some graphic intensive program, I want it to run smoothly. Don't want a video card slowing things down when everything else is trying to speed along.

I can check computershopper.com but do you guys have a trusted site with good price on the ATI Radeon AIW?

If you do want to be playing games from time to time, the ATI AIW and Radeon (two in one) 32mb card would suit you, but its expensive. (£230)

I use an ATI Radeon 64mb DDR, great for games and DVD, and its about £170 so maybe you might go for this card instead?

I wouldn’t personally go ATi now, perhaps you could try an Nvidia GeForce 3 Ti Mx which should be out really soon.

Then again, the new ATI Radeon 7500 retails for £199 looks ok, and it does outperform its direct competitor the GeForce 2 Pro. But I think you should honestly look at the new GeForce 3 with its attached features and qualities.

I wouldn’t personally go ATi now, perhaps you could try an Nvidia GeForce 3 Ti Mx which should be out really soon.[/quote:2fea350d34]

Rick did say that "I have no need to buy one of the $200 dollar game mongor cards."

I know that NVIDIA is probably the best out there but I don't need the best. I was looking at prices and some of those cards cost over $300 USD! I mean, that is more than I am paying for the rest of the system upgrade. I have seen ATI's in machines and they are good enough for me and I really like the All-In-Wonder because I can put a splitter on my cable and run cable TV to my PC and the 32 MB DDR will be able to handle it. This really is a good card to go with. Thanks for the help though AMB.

Rick

Guest LouCypher

I got my AOpen PA3000 Plus for $65 at a local computer store almost a year ago. It's a TNT2 based card w/ 32MB RAM and RCA composite and SVHS output. It does 2048x1536x16bpp on my 19" monitor and everything below that in 32 bit color. It works great under XP w/ Detonator 21.81 drivers.

I don't play many games but lately I have been playing the hell out of the RtCW multiplayer test which is based on the Quake III Arena engine and it is SWEET looking on this card with all the high quality stuff turned ON @ 800x600.

If you don't want to spend $200 USD on a a video card that you're not going to spend a lot of time playing games on but that'll do it anyway then maybe you shold try one.

I found them on ht*p://www.pricewatch.com for [b:c5bac620d7][u:c5bac620d7]$39[/u:c5bac620d7][/b:c5bac620d7] for the SAME model I bought for $65 locally. Do a search for "AOpen PA3000+" (or w/o the + for other models) and you'll see.

I was wondering as well, what is the best VideoCard out there?

I don't play games, but I do need graphic's rendering a little.

Who knows which Card will do both Games & Rendering.

Just tell me about any good card, exept Corporate one for $£2000.

I have Hercules Prophit II Ultra 64MB. I've been said when I bought it 6 months ago, that it's the best for rendering(and a little gameing)

Thanks.

Honestly, I was too impatient to do the full research and come up with anything cheaper than what I bought. I see that those who do the work manage to be able to find deals...maybe by next upgrade, I will be much more highly educated about this.

Rick:rolleyes: