Localized Hotfix Lists

GreenMachine

XPCTHLST.TXT for Windows XP Professional Traditional Chinese - Taiwan
Reviewed and added. Thanks!
swflash.cab took from others' post.

I like slipstreaming swflash into the install, but honestly I think it is best if we remove it from the update list. The reason is, they change it very often without saying anything. When it changes, the MD5 signature is wrong, and it stops XPCreate from continuing. So it is probably best if we leave it off.

Thanks, Vel Straty. I must admit, I still have not had time to look into it further. I will ... It is, however, difficult to debug with out the version in question, and I do not have the full XP set woth me these days. I will keep you posted.

Thanks, zippy, for the Chinese version.

Again, due to time constraints, I've not tested many of the non-English versions, and am relying on you all helping eachother, and Host Virindi helping us all!

Winlogon.exe. Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point AssocIsDangerous could not be found in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.DLL.

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBP/tip7600/rh7628.htm

It is an interesting link and suggests incorrect versions of files being used, for whatever reason.

As a test, did you slipstream service pack 1 into your source before running XPCreate? See if the problems continue. I have no way of getting a japanese version of XP Pro, so I cannot test various things here.

Thank you Virindi for changing the list!

When I do the XPC, I already have installed the SP1a so things should of worked fine but it concluded with lots of error messeges.

But anyway, the versions other than the English Windows of any language is built upon the English version as I think, since M$ is English-ware so maybe for the XPCTHLST.TXT, we non-english windows users might have to install something else also, adding additional lines in the list.

I'll keep up on trying to fix the prob. and post it again later for if things get worse or better!

Guest zippy

@GreenMachine: PRODSPEC.INI [Product Specification]Localization

IF /I "%TESTLANG%"=="Traditional Chinese" SET WINLANG=CHT& GOTO GOTLANG

@Virindi: CHT version update... fix some typo, remove updates not in FailSafe List, add DX9NTopk.exe to list(cant find valid link to this, stolen from Vel Straty's list).

all links confirmed except 2 malformed url for Q815021 & Q828026(corrected in attached XPCTHLST.TXT and manually confirmed using iOpus Download).

XPCTHLST_CHT_TW.TXT

Forgot to mention one thing.

Well, for now, that's all I can contribute since I cannot update the server and....

Above was the one that I said before on this thread but it was just the matter that we only had to create our own server using the PC in front of us and put the "XPCTHLST.TXT" in the server.

Meaning,

1. Create a web server using an easy to setup web server httpd.

2. In the root directory of the www or the web folder or what ever one calls, make another directory inside it named "XPP" for XP Pro(look inside XPCREATE.CMD for reference), and for mine create another directory named "JAP" for Japanese and inside the it the "XPCTHLST.TXT".

3. Change the DLURL= inside the XPCREATE.ini and direct it to your server.com or something. Mine states "DLURL=http://somename.dyndns.org/HFLISTS"

For mine, its like "http://somename.dyndns.org/HFLISTS/XPP/JAP/XPCTHLST.TXT".

By using this method, I guess there would be less work for the list master(Virindi), thus making virindi have time to have some tea instead of updating it frequently and also for us to know if the list will work or not faster!

Download the failsafe list of hotfixes for your locale.

Hello, I think your project is great.

I would like to help to create the Italian list of updates but I don't know how to " Download the failsafe list of hotfixes for your locale."

Now I'm running Xp Pro fully updated starting from the Original XP SP1a installation CD.

Can someone please tell me what to download the list?

Thank in advance

TenaciousMetal, check out on the GM's XPCREATE:Homepage followed by the left link "Current Hotfixes ", and check out on the files that are marked as BOLD, but the list is updated back at May 13, 2004 so it's a little out of date :rolleyes: .

Then after if everything goes perfect, meaning XPCREATE ends without and error -and xpcreate.iso burned to cd and installs perfectly without errors, then you can perhapes make the list that is up to date.

Since as I mentioned above, I get errors at the WinXP installation of the Japanese edition. :)

Thanks Vel straty.

I didi it and now I have a lot of hotfixes downloaded.

If I've understood well they should be downloaded in the proper directoryes (the SVC-* dir created by xpcreate). But how can I recognize them? The hotfixes all end up with a .EXE extension!

Sorry, maybe this are really stupid questions but I hope u can understand me. Everyone has been a beguinner. :)

Anyway this is the list of updates I have found:

WMP9_MM2_ENU.exe

WindowsXP-KB840374-x86-ITA.EXE

WindowsXP-KB839643-x86-ITA.EXE

WindowsXP-KB837001-x86-ITA.EXE

WindowsXP-KB835732-x86-ITA.EXE

WindowsXP-KB833998-x86-ITA.EXE

WindowsXP-KB828741-x86-ITA.EXE

WindowsXP-KB828035-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsXP-KB826942-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsXP-KB826939-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsXP-KB825119-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsXP-KB824141-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsXP-KB824105-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsXP-KB823182-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsXP-KB822603-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsXP-KB821253-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsXP-KB820291-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsXP-KB817778-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsMedia-Q828026-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsMedia-KB828026-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsMedia64-KB832353-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsMedia9-KB837272-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsMedia9-KB819639-x86-ITA.exe

WindowsMedia8-KB817787-x86-ITA.exe

Windows-KB870669-x86-ENU.exe

Q832894.exe

Q831167.exe

Q819696_WXP_SP2_x86_ITA.exe

Q814995_WXP_SP2_x86_ITA.exe

Q327979_WXP_SP2_x86_ITA.exe

Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_ITA.exe

KB839643-x86-ITA

OE6.0sp1-KB837009-x86-ITA.exe

js56nit.exe

ITA_Q832483_MDAC_x86.EXE

HMTCDWizard_ITA.exe

TenaciousMetal, I haven't checked out on your list if they were in the greenmachine's failsafe list or not but I haven't made it myself on creating the XPCREATE cd with only with the failsafe stuffs so I cannot say for sure but, when XPCREATE downloads the hotfixes or patches it downloads from the url stated in the XPCREATE.ini. If you can create a server for yourself inside your PC, rewrite the DLRUL= to your pc's address and follow directions that I wrote somewhere before this one.

Virindi,

Winlogon.exe. Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point AssocIsDangerous could not be found in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.DLL.

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBP/tip7600/rh7628.htm

It is an interesting link and suggests incorrect versions of files being used, for whatever reason.

As a test, did you slipstream service pack 1 into your source before running XPCreate? See if the problems continue. I have no way of getting a japanese version of XP Pro, so I cannot test various things here.

I challanged the way that you have suggested to me but still getting the same errors.

The way I did it was normally make the CD with the XPCREATE.CMD and expanded the xpcreate.iso and added the msgina.dl_, shell32.dl_, winlogon.dl_, shlwapi.dl_ from the sp1 and recreated the cd with the same parameters used within the xpcreate.cmd.

Well, will try it again in a different way.

Ok something more done.

I realized the list file for my Italian version.

the problem is that I don't know how to replace the "downloadlinkhere" with an internet site. I mean when I download a hotfix the MS site only has a button. When I point the mouse over it there is no way to understand the real path of the file. Moreover in the saving box the path and name of the hotfix is too long to appear completely so there are just some dots and the last few letters of the file name.

Any help?

Anyway maybe the file posted is enough

XPCTHLST.TXT