Windows Installer Helper Utility

xper

If I then uncheck the x.0.0 in the GUI then the whole "Tools" section is unchecked.

The only way to only install "Total Commander 6.03" without the settings is to click to times on the "Tools" section.

Yes that's the way it is. It's because x.0.0 is a subtree ob x.0.

If you uncheck "Total Commander 6.03" (in your example) it will also unheck it's subtrees "Total Commander Settings" in this case.

[x] Tools
   [x] Total Commander 6.0.3
       [x] Total Commander Settings

If you don't want unheck "Total Commander Settings" when you uncheck "Total Commander 6.0.3" than just move "Total Commander Settings" a level higer to command.0.1.

[x] Tools
   [ ] Total Commander 6.0.3
   [x] Total Commander Settings

@all: A question. I think naming the user created on first page "Default System User" is a bit confusing because an account "Default User" already exists in Windows. What about naming this "Primary User" (german: "Hauptbenutzer")?

Benjamin

@all: A question. I think naming the user created on first page "Default System User" is a bit confusing because an account "Default User" already exists in Windows. What about naming this "Primary User" (german: "Hauptbenutzer")?

Benjamin

Primary Logon User, First Logon User there all beter then Default System User cause that already excist and is confusing indeed.

Question:

Still have problems with

; Sub command 9
description.9=Power DVD XP
command.9=PowerDVD\Setup.exe-s -f1"%SRCDRIVE%\Software\PowerDVD\setup.iss" -f2"%systemdrive%\setup.log"
selected.9 = 1
hidden.9=0

Still not installing...

hope your not to lazy to wade true the 42 pages...where you find what your looking for...some samples of install.ini

i already had found some samples.ini but they have outdated syntax so i don't think they work anymore... all im asking for is for any of you guys to simply post your latest installs.ini since itll make life not only for me but for other people way easier

hope your not to lazy to wade true the 42 pages...where you find what your looking for...some samples of install.ini

i already had found some samples.ini but they have outdated syntax so i don't think they work anymore... all im asking for is for any of you guys to simply post your latest installs.ini since itll make life not only for me but for other people way easier

You want me to build your unattende to :-)

No kidding, adaptions is not a lengty process.

[Outlook Attachment options]
command=Attachment_Options\AOsetup.exe /S /v/qn
description=Enable saving of attachments
default=1

and change it to

; Sub command 0
description.0=Sun Java VM 1.4.2
command.0=SunJava\j2re-1_4_2_05-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1"
selected.0 = 1
hidden.0=0

Question:

Still have problems with

; Sub command 9
command.9=PowerDVD\Setup.exe-s -f1"%SRCDRIVE%\Software\PowerDVD\setup.iss" -f2"%systemdrive%\setup.log"
selected.9 = 1
hidden.9=0

Still not installing...

found the bug...

; Sub command 9

command.9=PowerDVD\Setup.exe -s -f1"%SRCDRIVE%\Software\PowerDVD\setup.iss" -f2"%systemdrive%\setup.log"

selected.9 = 1

hidden.9=0

Yes that's the way it is. It's because x.0.0 is a subtree ob x.0.

If you uncheck "Total Commander 6.03" (in your example) it will also unheck it's subtrees "Total Commander Settings" in this case.

Yes that is okay, but I want to do this:

[x] Tools
   [x] Total Commander 6.0.3
       [ ] Total Commander Settings

The "settings" should be optional to install.

But when I uncheck the "settings" then the whole section is unchecked.

Told ya T13/12 stage is too early  :D

hehe  :rolleyes:

I don´t even understand why you would want to run Wihu at that early state ... what´s the advantage compared to running it from runonceex ?

Bye,

Alex

I prefer running WIHU at this early stage. Most because of the "Default User" fact which is described on unattended.msfn.org. :)

Benjamin

Oh no! Please don't call it "Hauptbenutzer" in German. Term "Hauptbenutzer" is already in use by Windows terminology which is the same as the English "Power User".

In German:

Benutzer (restricted privileges)

Hauptbenutzer (elevated privileges)

Administrator (highest privileges)

@booster: I changed Software TreeView Control behaviour 2 times now ... this time I won't change this unless everyone her wishes this. Or just suggest an alternative way.

Benjamin

Hhm, I guess this could be something for a poll? :) ... Or maybe a new per command-instruction for the ini-files?!? *hehe* This way everybody would be happy except the programmer who would've got more work to do. :rolleyes:

Oh no! Please don't call it "Hauptbenutzer" in German. Term "Hauptbenutzer" is already in use by Windows terminology which is the same as the English "Power User".

In German:

Benutzer (restricted privileges)

Hauptbenutzer (elevated privileges)

Administrator (highest privileges)

Hmm, you mean "Power Users" which is a Local Group, but no Account!

This is a difference. But how should I call this user then?

Benjamin

What exactly is wrong with "Standardsystembenutzer" as it is now ?

:)

I also agree with my2001: Calling it "Hauptbenutzer" is very misleading and will only add to the confusion most people experience with the Administrator account and the Administrators group ...

I prefer running WIHU at this early stage. Most because of the "Default User" fact which is described on unattended.msfn.org.

Hey my2001!

I did read the guide and of course I know about the need to add REGISTRY tweaks that should affect all future users during the T13/12 stage.

But you do not need Wihu for this. A simple Regedit /s called from commandlines.txt will do the same.

I do not understand the advantage of installing all your software at that early stage or even worse, add users at that stage ... that makes no sense to me, but I am sure you can explain your reasons behind that :)

Bye,

Alex

hi benjamin

first your program is fantastic

but, i have two questions (look at pic):

I can't deselect the ".net Framework Sprachpaket" then is windows update deselect too, is it possible to make it?

[Windows Update]
selected=1

description.0=.NET Framework 1.1
description.0.0=.NET Framework - deutsches Sprachpaket
command.0=msiexec.exe /i software\netfx.msi /qb
command.0.0=msiexec.exe /i software\langpack.msi /qb
selected.0=1
selected.0.0=1

[System-Programme]
selected=1

description.0=OO Defrag Professional Edition
command.0=msiexec.exe /i software\O&ODefragProfessionalEdition.msi /qb
selected.0=1

But it will be perfect if i could start two commands under one description

[Windows Update]
selected=1

description.0=.NET Framework 1.1
selected.0=1
hidden.0=0
command.0.0=msiexec.exe /i software\netfx.msi /qb
selected.0.0=1
hidden.0.0=1
command.0.1=msiexec.exe /i software\langpack.msi /qb
selected.0.1=1
hidden.0.1=1

[System-Programme]
selected=1

description.0=OO Defrag Professional Edition
command.0=msiexec.exe /i software\O&ODefragProfessionalEdition.msi /qb
selected.0=1

i hope i explained it not to complicate

thx

t-o-m-m-y

post-70-1092097492_thumb.jpg

I can't deselect the ".net Framework Sprachpaket" then is windows update deselect too, is it possible to make it?

Same problem I have.

See my post

and the one right after.

I look at it this way.

[x] Tools                                         <-- Main section
  [x] Total Commander 6.0.3                       <-- Program
      [ ] Total Commander Settings                <--- Addons, extras, plugins to above                                                                            program and thus should be                                                                                 optional to install

But as my2001 said we could vote about it.