Windows Installer Helper Utility

xper

I woud guess that it's by Default WIHU restart automatically.....whether completed or cancelled.

try adding /SkipRestart?

Side note, all three instances required user intervention, but all called with pretty much the same command line as before.....

Im so sorry for this 2 bugs ... fixed one and added 2 new ones :)

I woud guess that it's by Default WIHU restart automatically.....whether completed or cancelled.

try adding /SkipRestart?

No it should only restart if "Finish" is pressed.

Also "Wait for Finish Press" bug is fixed. Application behaviour changed also:

If specified /AutoInstall=<x> Wihu will never again wait for user to press "Finish" also if the user cancels auto install timer. Will this be ok?

EDIT: problem is, Im currently developing version 2.1 with tree things ... so I always have to update 2 applications if I fix a bug in one :rolleyes:

benjamin

Autoinstall will work as usual ... the only thing that changed is, that if user cancels autoinstallation i.e. pressing any key, pressing mouse and so on ... user has not to press Finish button on last screen i.e. wihu will exits automatically without waiting for user top press finish. (Note again: only if /AutoInstall is specified)

Benjamin

Im proudly present you the first alpha preview of version 2.1.

INI file has not to be changed to work with this version. Sub items are expandable/collapsable.

This version can be found here.

I'll support up to 65535 levels of depth ... I think this is widely enough for you all :)

For easyness I decided not to use XML, but retain INI instead.

Benjamin Kalytta

just one request, and do believe this is anactual request this time :)

can /SkipSettings not skip the User creation. Perhaps another /SkipUser for that.

you have a /SkipSettings and /SkipSoftware, so why not a /SkipUser?

I ask, because I use

"..\Unattend\wihu.exe /SkipRestart /AutoInstall=1 /Ini=drivers.ini /Users=customusers.ini /UseCurrent /Log=%systemdrive%\wihu-drivers.log"

to start my second instance, but it pauses at the "Next" button to install software. Even that new wihu.exe you updated (not the alpha, the one just before built at 10pm your time) still paused. But I also want to create the user

I personally hopes he releases a new version today

No new version but 2nd alpha preview with install.ini with more than one level. (subcommands).

It's only a preview, don't use this for software installation at this moment ... there are some things that have to be fixed first.

(Should a "double click" expand/collapse a tree?)

Alpha 2 can be found here

Benjamin