@visaversa: Yes may be I'll add this in final release. It will be

[settings]
Computername=<name>
AltComputername=<name>
Owner=<name>
Organization=<name>
Workgroup=<name>

Benjamin

P.S.: AltComputername will be an alternate computer name which is additionally available to the default one.

Thx...about that dropdown...i tought that it would be easier to select a preconfigured profile to be installed on that computer.

Now you need to define that on the command line when launching wihu.exe /user= the ini file.

So i need several unattended dvds per profile or am i wrong?

well, user logon profiles like normal user, domain user.

I got it wrong at first i tought that you could choose between the different user profiles to be included. Then i saw that user.ini hade all the user profiles that would be inserted in the usermanager.

Thats ok by me ofcourse.

But then...hey i saw in a flash that it would be nice to choose what userprofile from a dropdown for example could be used for that pc. Not all defiened but just one appropriate for that specifiec pc.

I got lots of pc unattended to install, lots of clients and companies. Most of them are known, so information is available with us. Ofcourse if i create all these profiles (user) now in one ini they get all added to that pc. Not good :-(.

Let me refrase my wish, One ini file with several userprofile to choose to on install time.

Sorry if i was unclear benjamin.

ps, the first run unattended is almost complete...updatre in a half hour or so.

VV

@visaversa: Do you talk about the default user?

Nevertheless, you could use /users=<inifile> switch to specify inifile which contains user accounts that should be created.

Or do you want an option to choose one of these users specified in inifile (users.ini) to be default user?

Benjamin

Hoi benjamin

Yes i would like that option...that would mean i have only build one unattended cd or dvd. I could choose the right default profile for that pc.

Yes...

Test results:

Create default user:OK

Install drivers:OK

Install Software:NOK need to find out the right syntacs for

command.3=office2003\Setup.exe "TRANSFORMS=%srcdrive%\office2003\unattended.mst /qb-"

Restart:OK

So i am happy so far

@visaversa: Do you talk about the default user?

Nevertheless, you could use /users=<inifile> switch to specify inifile which contains user accounts that should be created.

Or do you want an option to choose one of these users specified in inifile (users.ini) to be default user?

Benjamin

means that i have to use differend cd or dvd according the profile i have to use.

In my case i don't want that, to many profiles

edit: it may also be a set of profiles, more than one..

See, in my case and i think for others its maybe nececerry to create default userprofiles depending on the pc/domains. Thats why such selection would become handy.

VV