Windows Installer Helper Utility

xper

An option to exclude some user accounts from being created would make it perfect...

What do you think?

No that make no sense. But I could add an "Load users" button instead to load entire users list. I think on my second page I can remove temporary environment string control because no one really needs this. Instead I add the ability to load new users.

Benjamin

Ok, for me it made sense cause i have 10 or so different useraccounts.

It make no sense to load them all to one pc.

The option you purpose is just fine and i could achieve the same result then

as i said before no problems so far with the program. The ideal semi unattended tool. And whats more, i just need only one dvd instead of several per useraccounts/groups

great ...looking forward...for the next version

have a nice weekend :)

VV

hi guys you seem to have done a helluva job with this nifty tool and it seems really awesome and all but you know me, average joe... well anyways im really lazy and i just wanted to know if any of you guys could post your lastest install.ini so i could just cut and paste the parts i need instead of building everything i need from scratch. well thanks in advance and again great work here!

hi guys you seem to have done a helluva job with this nifty tool and it seems really awesome and all but you know me, average joe... well anyways im really lazy and i just wanted to know if any of you guys could post your lastest install.ini so i could just cut and paste the parts i need instead of building everything i need from scratch. well thanks in advance and again great work here!

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post firefox is being gay again

Benjamin,

since I got paid few days ago just wanted to donate some money but your website is down again ... could you post your account details here please ?

Thanks,

Alex

PS: I would also think that environment variables on page two of Wihu are not that important ( at least to me ). But maybe you could add small buttons to the "Benutzerkonten" section in addition to the right click context menu which doe the same ( show settings of the user and add new user ) but would be easier for someone who uses Wihu the first time and is not that experienced.

Benjamin,

since I got paid few days ago just wanted to donate some money but your website is down again ... could you post your account details here please ?

Thanks,

Alex

PS: I would also think that environment variables on page two of Wihu are not that important ( at least to me ). But maybe you could add small buttons to the "Benutzerkonten" section in addition to the right click context menu which doe the same ( show settings of the user and add new user ) but would be easier for someone who uses Wihu the first time and is not that experienced.

Its up (website) and running.

website is working again here and I did send a small amount. Not much but it´ll buy you a few beer

Oh thanks a lot. I'll of course mention you on my web page :)

Btw. Web site is only temporarily up ... some data has been lost. On Monday page will be moved to another server again.

Currently Im trying to fix some bugs which I found after modifying WIHU last time yesterday. May be this evening or tomorrow I'll present you a new version.

Benjamin

I have just read all 45 pages in this thread.

But I seem to have missed anything about when and how to call WIHU.

Currently I call it from CMDLINES.TXT (".\Setups\wihu.exe /verbose /SkipRestart" - Setups is under the $oem$ folder), but WIHU is failing to install my programs.

WIHU is started at the T-13 mark, and reporting that SYSTEM is the currently logged in user.

So I create my own user (Booster) and give Admin rights and auto logon.

WIHU is then saying: "Shell folder environment strings are disabled. Can't load user profile."

However the user is created and logged in fine.

I choose to install Opera 7.54 and Total Commander 6.03, but both fail:

"Error 1355, Installtion of "Opera 7.54" could not be started:The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. Opera754\ow32enen754.exe"

However Im not in a domain, and If I run it manually it all works fine.

Should I call WIHU a different way ?

Could anyone please guide me :)