Unattended auto user logon

Apologies if this has come up before, half an hour playing with search didn't help me find anything useful.

My standard script to create an account that auto-logs in, is:

@ECHO OFF
SETLOCAL
SET _USER=abc123
SET _PW=123abc

net user "%_USER%" "%_PW%" /add
net localgroup Administrators "%_USER%" /add
net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefaultUserName /d %_USER% /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefaultPassword /d %_PW% /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v AutoAdminLogon /d 1 /f

EXIT

My problem seems to be that, upon searching for DefaultPassword in the registry, you can find the stored password in all of its plain text glory.

Conversely, if I do my usual thing and use TweakUI to set up the auto-logon details for my account (it simply asks if you want to auto-logon, what the account name is, and the required password), then I can't find the password anywhere in the registry, nor the entry that'd usually hold it.

I'm aware that a person just has to turn my computer on to be able to logon, but I don't at all like knowing that someone could search through my registry to actually find the password itself.

Does anyone else know what TweakUI is doing, and how to replicate it?

Find InstallRite(freeware) its a soft who makes snapshots of regs and/or HDD -- there are many like this i think but this i use.

Just type the correct name in google and i will return a whole page :) of direct links to its homepage -- snaphot your regs with it before u make changes with TweakUI then use analize changes ... (u should have some experience with regs cuz it records buttons pushed sometimes(device contexts) and clearing caches or MRU's atutomatically too:) ) but it shouldn't be too hard to find what u're looking for.

have u searched tweak ui's files? maybe its storing the password in an INI file, and reading from it on logon?

TweakUI is a single executable, that can be run from anywhere - and it's settings stay when it's deleted. If it's writing to INI or other types of file, it certainly doesn't belong to TweakUI (that I can see) :)

use a program like RegSnap and take a snapshot of your full computer , registry + all files

run tweakUI, that will tell u if it changed anything and what files were modified, i dont use tweak UI so i cant say, im just giving u this info as general Info

good luck :)