Add MUISetup in XPCREATE

Bilou_Gateux

I would like to integrate MUISetup.exe to the XPCreate folders before building the ISO and burning the CD. What is the best place to copy the package ?

SVC-PRE ? The switches for silent install are -r -s. I don't want to install it during GuiRunOnce as mentionned hereHow To: Perform unattended installations of Windows MUI

And the next step is the silent installation of %LANG% Menus and Dialogs for Internet Explorer that can be downloaded from M$ WindowsUpdate Catalog web site. The package is switchless. Should be done after the installation of IE Package. SVC-EXE ?

Suggestions welcome.

The most complicated part is to build an exe with iexpress.exe.

I haven't find the solution to integrate the subfolders in my package to make MUISETUP.EXE find the language to install.

the tree is

+MUIINST
     MUI.INF
     MUISETUP.EXE
     MUISETUP.HLP
     +FR.MUI
              +I386
                       +IE5

MUISETUP.EXE search folders named with %LANG%.MUI to install the specified languages.

Maybe should i use another tool like WinRAR but my wish is to use only free M$ tools to build the package. I would like no package built with products i don't have a licence.

Your help will probably save me many hours to solve the problem.

Thanks

Windows XP MUI setup uses Windows Installer technology and is packaged as an MSI file.

Windows 2K MUI setup uses a muisetup.exe program and files are not packaged.

muisetup.exe

followed by any of the following switches:

/i (specifies the user interface language(s) to be installed)
/d (specifies the default user interface language that will be applied to all new user accounts)
/u (specifies the user interface language(s) to be uninstalled)
/r (specifies that the reboot message should not be displayed)
/s (specifies that the installation complete message should not be displayed)

When using the /i, /d, and /u switches, the languages must be entered using their four-digit hexadecimal Language ID values. Language IDs should be separated by a space, as in the following example:

muisetup.exe /i 0411 0409 0c0a /d 0411 /u 0414 040c

The main Windows installation do not differ from a standard Windows EN-US installation.

Just need to add a command to install the selected language MUI and configure via [RegionalSettings] section in unattend.txt the default UI language settings.

I think you can use a repackaging with NSIS, which is free... It will take time to write the NSIS script, but it can be a solution if any other simplier technique isn't working.

I've never looked into NSIS, but it looks like more work than I am interested in to write an actual installer. However, it does mention scriptable. I am not sure if that refers to installer creation, or the installer program.

Thanks for the idea, Mei.

This is my way install SLOVAK/OTHER MUI with XPCREATE.....

i copy MUI files to \xpcreate\FILESCD\$OEM$\$1\install\SW_INS\Muitemp

(root from MUI CD, SLOVAK.MUI directory, mui.vb script:emoticon(':D')

java script:emoticon(':rolleyes:')

this is my "xpcreate\FILESCD\$OEM$\$1\install\START.cmd" :

ECHO.

ECHO setting SK MUI

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\SW_ins\MUITEMP\muisk.vb script:emoticon(':)')

java script:emoticon(':rolleyes:')

sorry for my english....

and thanks for XPCREATE- realy goodish utility....

japojava script:emoticon(':D')

java script:emoticon(':D')

Thanks japo for sharing your experience.

As says GM, i would like to use a command line only method that copy and install the stuff during the same phase of DirectX and IE install and not during the guirunonce phase.

Maybe 7zip has some features that can help me to create a self extracting and silent installation package without to learn before how it works like NSIS. Still under investigation...

MUI is easy to install from cmdlines.txt. Just drop it into $OEM$, and use the switches specified in the mui help file to run it from cmdlines.txt. japo basically outlined them. Thus, you'll get your first logon with the interface language of your choice.