Download Error swflah.cab

teddy0682

I have was trying to create the image and everything was fine until i got here. I must have the newest version of XPCreate cuz i just got it.

I have found the cab file other places and dropped it in the SVC-SWF folder but that doesnt work.

I am new to this and have researched other posts but have gotten no where.

Please reply ASAP... i need this done my tomorrow...

last line : 14:04:53 --> Listing Hotfizes and Updates.

Error: "Download Error: SVC-SWF\swflash.cab"

also... where can i edit so that it does not download particuliar hotfixes.

thanks .

You do not edit the download list.

You can:

a) not download any hotfixes automatically (DLURL=NO)

b) let XPCREATE download the fixes and then delete the ones you don't want, or

c) save a copy of the hotfix list modify it, set up your own webserver, and point XPCREATE at your custom list.

My suggestion is to let it download the hotfixes, then after it downloads the set -- just change the line in XPCREATE.INI to "DLURL=NO" and delete the hotfixes you don't want.

Additionally, why dont you just delete the SWFLASH.CAB that you have, and use the one that is downloaded by XPCREATE?

[edit]: the MD5 on swflash.cab has changed, so I presume they've updated it. The download lists have been updated.

I get the same error on swflash.cab and I downloaded xpcreate about an hour ago.

From the xcpreate.log file:

first entry:

ADD SVC-SWF\swflash.cab http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab e017f066be11e9e8357bb9fd2313c3cc

second entry:

-- 18:47:34 -- Downloading: SVC-SWF\swflash.cab

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 18:47:38 -- MD5 Error. Got [1EF07BC1AE13EA565A25A3732FD4A694], expected [e017f066be11e9e8357bb9fd2313c3cc].

-

I downloaded from the url, and put it in svc-swf directory and it still tries to get it.

Running md5 on swflash.cab that I downloaded gets the same 1EF... number.

[EDIT] It works fine now. thanks.

Additionally, why dont you just delete the SWFLASH.CAB that you have, and use the one that is downloaded by XPCREATE? 

trust me .. i did...

about 5 hours ago and many times since... that's where the error comes from

me finding the cab file was a last resort - which didnt work either =(

everything before this dl'ed fine obviously...

ill try any suggestions...

I've tried manually downloading swflash.cab and then running xpcreate and what i notice happening is that it's deleting it self from the SVC-SWF folder.

I'm using windows xp - english

After looking thru XPCEATE.LOG i fouind this

-- 13:02:10 -- Downloading: SVC-SWF\swflash.cab

-- 13:02:16 -- MD5 Error. Got [E017F066BE11E9E8357BB9FD2313C3CC], expected [1ef07bc1ae13ea565a25a3732fd4a694].

Thats really weird.

The download link I posted above downloads:

SWFLASH.CAB (487462 bytes)

MD5: 1ef07bc1ae13ea565a25a3732fd4a694

So, XPCREATE is correct - you have an outdated version of swflash.cab somewhere that it can see, in the SVC-SWF folder. I don't know what to say except delete the old one and download the new one from the macromedia link I provided, so it is seeing the file it expects. :) Otherwise, I'm not sure what's going on. Are you using the xpcreate.wiretapped.us web address (the default) to download your hotfix list? If you are not, your list is probably outdated. The signature of the SWFLASH.CAB file has changed in the last week.

Welcome, bunkee, to MSFN!

I really do not understand why SWFLASH is causing so much trouble: it always works fine on a clean XPCREATE run for me. However, others do not seem to be as fortunate. I am very, very close to removing it from the Download Lists, leaving only the option to manually include it in the SVC-SWF directory. Works for me ...

Thanx for the welcome :)

I got tired of playing with it so i just changed the md5 in the hotfix list... worked fine after that but i was downloading from the links posted in this thread... maybe my browser is grabbing a cached file or something

Good point about the cache: it could be a cache type problem on Macromedia's part, or a server farm that has non-syncronized, multiple copies of the same file.

I have a feeling this one does not have long to live on the list ...