What features would you like to see in GMail?

HyDeNCiTy

Personally I would like to import my contacts from outlook. I would also like to see an IM service attached to it, I think that would be kewl. I would like them to do away with the automically creating a contact u send an email to. I think that sux cause not everyone u write an email to, you want added to your contacts. Any others guys??

sorry nice things u're doing but umm what's the point cause its just going to be a huge list but if its not going to be forwarded to any google representative, well okay ppl can discuss.

ok one other thing google is something that's world wide right so if u want IM service as aim? i'd guess, ppl will want icq/msn/irc/etc.. :) (this could be done though..) but create a contact u send email to? not everyone would like that..

I'm sure they're going to add a feature for importing contacts, even yahoo has it..

sorry if I seem rude, I just couldn't really see the point...

I guess someone should just close the thread.

Matter of fact they will be forwarded to GMail. I will forward all the suggestions to them. So please suggest what you would like. Thanx.

Hope that pleases u Mac.

I've asked already for import of contacts and email from outlook. I've got 3 years of email I'd love to import and make searchable. Also would love to see Someone (Not likely google) setup a plugin of some kind to sync Gmail to my Pocket PC. And a google desktop client. Wouldn't take much, a stand alone version of the activeX client they use currently. Would still have to be connected to the web, but something other than a standard Ie window would be nice.

Coss platform and cross OS compatibility is what i ASK ! its one of the most important things out there, and the dependency of ActiveX is not that advisable i think, Its not compatible with Opera that SUXXXX !

I mean OPera is one of the best browsers out there and most people including me use it.. and on platforms like Linux u dont even have IE to play with, so what is one supposed to do in such instances ?

Also, all that i ask more is of IMAP support, 1gb mail space with IMAP will be a killer combination and that alone will givenightmares to all the Mail providers existing.. ! IT"LL ROCKXXX !

BYe,

Jazz

Coss platform and cross OS compatibility is what i ASK ! its one of the most important things out there, and the dependency of ActiveX is not that advisable i think,

It is not completely dependent on activex. Works with most browsers other than opera from what I understand, including mozilla firefox. I suspect you, as did I, have opera set to identify itself as IE6, which is why it says it needs active x. set opera to identify as netscape or such, clear your cache, and you should be able to get in.

Mind you, the page doesn't load quite right, but you can at least get in.

Also, they've said they are working on a full HTML only version which will be available in the future, as well as the ability to import contacts. Didn't say anything about importing email though, unfortunately.

Gai-jin

Hmm, a full html based should be good ! then it should not be any problems !

Did they specify anything about IMAP ? cuz i think IMAP is much more important than just 1 gig space..

BYe,

Jazz

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion -- we are forwarding it to the appropriate

team. We certainly appreciate hearing from Gmail users and encourage you

to continue to let us know how we can improve the Gmail experience.

You might be interested to hear that we are working on many upcoming

features:

- Automatic forwarding of your email to another account

- Plain HTML version of Gmail

- Import/export Contacts

We hope you enjoy Google's approach to email.

Sincerely,

The Gmail Team

If they're going to support auto forwarding I don't see why they wouldn't support pop/imap. Losing the ad revenue either way i should think.

Then again, i suppose for forwarding, it wouldn't take much for adsense to just put the ads at the bottom of your email before it forwards it...

hmm...

Nice! didnt' know these tools were available.

Almost just what I'd been looking for. I wish it would import directly so as to maintain proper times/dates on the messages.

Also, I'd really like a utility for my pocketpc that will sync mail from some program other than outlook. would love to be able to use gmail as my main email, or even some other client, but I'm rather bound to outlook at the moment.

gai-jin