I connection fast enough for ftp?

Micropocalypse

Of course I'm not the one who shale reply. Because I'm myself trying to set up FTP... with no success. But about connection: I use ADSL 512kbps and I think it's enough for FTP. I'v heard that T1 is even faster or not? But I also think that you can set up FTP even with Dail-Up connection.

But may be you mean professional server, then I don't know I actualy would like to set it up myself in the future...

Alex

I have a cable modem connection and the d/l speed is very fast but the upload speed is capped. I am not sure of the exact cap that my ISP has put on but it is too slow to get anything from me. Just ask Chris. You have to look at your upload and download speed.

Rick

ARE YOU s***TIN ME!!!!!!!! A T1 is great for a ftp server.Let me know if you decide to set one up or need help. After you get it up You can get alot of stuff off me or vis versa. Together we can RULE the world....opps sorry got to big of a head!:eek:

-Chris

Yeah, cable advertises to be faster, however, you compete with bandwidth from every person that is on the same node as yourself...which greatly reduces bandwidth. You are on a dedicated up and d/l speed.

Rick

My cable connection dropped loads when the cable operator offered free dial-up for users with standard 56k modems, But those of us who pay to have a fast connection get our bandwidth reduced by the freeloaders.....

Regards,

BAH