Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

No "Advance Setting" tab for IDE channels?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

leedolman

leedolman

Junior

• Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 07-June 03
When I right-click my IDE channel in Device manager there is no "Advance Settings" tab to change the transfer modes (DMA/PIO). does anybody know why this is?

Here's my setup:
Asus K8V SE Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @2.2Ghz
1024MB Corsair Value Select RAM
Sapphire Radeon 9800XT
Audigy ZS 2 Platinum Pro
Western Digital Caviar SE 200GB (SATA connected)
Sony DoubleLayer DRU-700A DVD-R (Second IDE Channel, Primary Device)

The only reason I need to know is because Nero hangs when I try to burn to DVD-R and I think I need to change from DMA to PIO mode.

If anybody knows how to do it via motherboard settings I'm all ears :)

Thanks

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

fillalph

fillalph

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03
Not 100% sure, but I believe you need to find out which channel your drive is on and then change the settings for that channel.

Basically, go look at IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. The options are there on mine.
Hopefully I am not giving you wrong info.

]Bonkers[
Antec Solo ; Corsair HX520 ; Gigabyte P35-DS3R (bios F4) ; Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz w/ ThermalRight Ultra 120 (fanless) ; OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB @ 4-4-4-15 ; Western Digital SE16 320GB ; Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB ; XFX 7600GS ; Pioneer DVR-212D ; Win XP Pro SP2 (reduced with nLite) ; Dell 2007WFP (withS-IPS panel)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN