Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Start /wait command in RunOnceEx+DivX 5.11 switch

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Keynan

Keynan

• 37 posts
1) Is it OK to use start /wait command in RunOnceEx.cmd, eg:
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Ad-Aware v6.181 " /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "START /Wait \"%CDROM%\Software\Ad-Aware v6.1.8.1.exe\" /s" /f
???

I haven't tried it yet? Will this work well?

2) What are the switches for unattended installation of DivX Codec Pro v5.1.1 (Adware)?
Can I define which Components to install?

10x, Ran. :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

WwTIPPYwW

WwTIPPYwW

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
don't use start /wait

just send the command:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Ad-Aware v6.181 " /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Ad-Aware v6.1.8.1.exe\" /s" /f

I don't know the switches however. K-Lite Codec package - instructions for that are on the forum.

Keynan

Keynan

• 37 posts
But I see that the start /wait command is very common in other batch files... Isn't it neccessary? :)

And BTW, I'm using K-Lite Codec Pack and DivX Pro together... otherwise, some movies won't play...
Therefore, I need to know DivX switches...
Important to mention that I want only the codec itself (and not the DivX Player nor DivX EKG)!

Nick2588

Nick2588

• 39 posts

But I see that the start /wait command is very common in other batch files... Isn't it neccessary?  :)

start /wait is nessessary for batch files only. RunOnceEx was designed to install files by launching the installers one at a time.

MCT

MCT

MSFN Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts
all the Start /wait does is tell the computer 2 wait b4 doing anything else, but its unneccessary (like said above) because in your method

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Ad-Aware v6.1.8.1.exe\" /s" /f its already told setup to go in the order, thats what those numbers are for

regards
Posted Image Posted Image
Windows 7 32Bit 2GB Ram 120GB HDD (Laptop), Windows 8 4GB Ram 1TB HDD (Desktop) Windows XP SP3 VM with enhancements!

Keynan

Keynan

• 37 posts
Got it!
:)
10x...

Now what about DivX??? :rolleyes:

Nick2588

Nick2588

• 39 posts
According to another thread, /S will install it silently.

But better yet, forget codecs and just use VideoLAN player

lieblingsbesuch

lieblingsbesuch

• PipPip
  • 170 posts

And BTW, I'm using K-Lite Codec Pack and DivX Pro together... otherwise, some movies won't play...

I think sum moviez won't play because klite doesn't install a softwaredvdplayer automatically...
You can enter max 4 lines of text in signature or signature image.

Keynan

Keynan

• 37 posts

I think sum moviez won't play because klite doesn't install a softwaredvdplayer automatically...

Well, maybe it's true, I don't know... But I do know that Divx Solves the problem... :D

I'm happy to say that I've figured out that /s switch does exactly what I needed (which means: install only the codec without the player or EGK)!!! :rolleyes:

Ohh, another thing...
About the Start /wait command, I've found out that not only it's not neccessary, but also it doesn't work... At the time windows run RunOnceEx, it doesn't recognize the START command (and ECHO too...)! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN