Start /wait command in RunOnceEx+DivX 5.11 switch

Keynan

1) Is it OK to use start /wait command in RunOnceEx.cmd, eg:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Ad-Aware v6.181 " /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "START /Wait \"%CDROM%\Software\Ad-Aware v6.1.8.1.exe\" /s" /f

???

I haven't tried it yet? Will this work well?

2) What are the switches for unattended installation of DivX Codec Pro v5.1.1 (Adware)?

Can I define which Components to install?

10x, Ran. :)

don't use start /wait

just send the command:

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Ad-Aware v6.181 " /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Ad-Aware v6.1.8.1.exe\" /s" /f

I don't know the switches however. K-Lite Codec package - instructions for that are on the forum.

But I see that the start /wait command is very common in other batch files... Isn't it neccessary? :)

And BTW, I'm using K-Lite Codec Pack and DivX Pro together... otherwise, some movies won't play...

Therefore, I need to know DivX switches...

Important to mention that I want only the codec itself (and not the DivX Player nor DivX EKG)!

But I see that the start /wait command is very common in other batch files... Isn't it neccessary?  :)

start /wait is nessessary for batch files only. RunOnceEx was designed to install files by launching the installers one at a time.

all the Start /wait does is tell the computer 2 wait b4 doing anything else, but its unneccessary (like said above) because in your method

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Ad-Aware v6.1.8.1.exe\" /s" /f its already told setup to go in the order, thats what those numbers are for

regards

I think sum moviez won't play because klite doesn't install a softwaredvdplayer automatically...

Well, maybe it's true, I don't know... But I do know that Divx Solves the problem... :D

I'm happy to say that I've figured out that /s switch does exactly what I needed (which means: install only the codec without the player or EGK)!!! :rolleyes:

Ohh, another thing...

About the Start /wait command, I've found out that not only it's not neccessary, but also it doesn't work... At the time windows run RunOnceEx, it doesn't recognize the START command (and ECHO too...)! :)