Excel error message, and don't know what to do

HyDeNCiTy

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver does not support this function. is the error. This happens when I am trying to refresh the information in a pivot table. I h ave googled it and had no luck, so I though to turn to my buddies here at MSFN like I do with most of my problems. Hopefully I can find an answer since This is something I need to figure out because I am expected to answer for a project here at work.

Thanx in advance. :)

HyDeNCiTy,

Your probably gonna hate me for this, but have you tried un-installing all of MS Office, and doing a complete re-install, its sounds stupid - but the chances are whatever got broken would probably fix itself with a re-install... or the other alternative - have you got the latest patches for your excel, they've had 100's since its original release...

If you really cant be bothered doing any of that

You might like to go to microsoft and obtain the latest version of MDAC(Microsoft Data Access Components) i think its service pack 8 last i checked... and install that...

Hope that is of some help :)

HyDeNCiTy,

Your probably gonna hate me for this, but have you tried un-installing all of MS Office, and doing a complete re-install, its sounds stupid -  but the chances are whatever got broken would probably fix itself with a re-install... or the other alternative - have you got the latest patches for your excel, they've had 100's since its original release...

If you really cant be bothered doing any of that

You might like to go to microsoft and obtain the latest version of MDAC(Microsoft Data Access Components) i think its service pack 8 last i checked... and install that...

Hope that is of some help  :)

Larcos,

Thanx for the response..

I have already tried re-installing Office with no luck.

Also, the ODBC database is not SQL, it's an external data source that feeds the Pivot Table. I will check with the creator of the table to see if there's anything wrong with it, because I just found out that it wasn't just me having this problem. Thanx anyways.

But if anyone else has suggestions, please post them for I'm trying to get to the bottom of this, so suggestions r very welcomed. :rolleyes: