Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

DAP 7

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

eddy_71

eddy_71

• 17 posts
In another thread i read something about the command taskkil when installing DAP 7. I found the programm, but where should i put this programm and how do i acivate it?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

big poppa pump

big poppa pump

Damn Newbies!!

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
If you had even bothered reading the entire thread you would have known how to use taskkill and how to call it.

Its really frustrating when members cant do a proper search for previous posts/threads. And please dont even say that you did a search and nothing came up because I just did a 15 second search and am looking at the thread I had posted in a few days back.

DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert || Opty 165 CCBBE 0610DPMW @ 3.01Ghz (335*9) - 1.52V, TT Big Typhoon w/120mm Panaflo
2 x G.SKILL F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ || BBA Radeon 1900XTX || X-Mystique DD 5.1 with/ Pioneer THX 1015TX
2*74GB Raptors - Raid 0 || 2*300GB Seagate 7200.9 NCQ SATA-II || 4*Hitachi 500GB 7K500 || Mad Dog Triple Format DL DVD+/-RW/DVD-Ram
OCZ GameXstream 700W || CM Stacker STC-01 || 2 * Dell 2405FPW

killerbee

killerbee

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
hi,

taskkill.exe is part of Windows XP Professional

cya

Killer Bee
My Rig: ABit NF7-S - Barton2500+@2.2GHz(50┬░Cel. max while Prime95)
1GB RAM - 2* Mushkin 512MB CL2 232 - Soundstorm with a Logitec Z-5500 Digital - 1*Samsung 160GB SATA1 - 1*80GB Hitachi SATA1 - 1* Pioneer DVR-106DB - 1*LG DVD - 1*Yamaha CRW-F1 - 4Port USB2 Card
In a Chieftec Mesh Blue Big Tower with WindowKit and Blue Lights

eddy_71

eddy_71

• 17 posts
@ big poppa pump: nice to see that there are still some people who know to be polite. Furthermore i read this thread and didn't understand it. The lines i use, in runonceex all start with reg add %key% and so on. This doesn't look like the lines you posted in the thread. Therefor my question. Do i have to put the taskkil programm in the DAP dir and what commandline should i use that gives the right command, seeing my lines differ from yours.

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
eddy_71

Under WinXP Pro, two copies of taskkill.exe are found here:
- C:\WINDOWS\system32\
- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\

taskkill.exe is installed by default with WinXP Pro.

However, as I read in some posts, taskkill.exe isn't part of WinXP Home. So, if you have WinXP Home, you need to get taskkill.exe, then put it here:

$OEM$\$$\System32\taskkill.exe

This is an example taken from a post:

REG ADD %KEY%\0070 /VE /D "IsoBuster" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\0070 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\IsoBuster.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\0070 /V 2 /D "taskkill /F /IM isobuster.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\0110 /VE /D "Getright Download Manager" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\0110 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Getright.exe /s" /f

As you can see, you don't have to refer to the directory in which taskkill.exe resides, which is System32. Nor you need to put the taskkill program in DAP directory.

/F means force (i.e. to force termination of a process without confirmation)
/IM means image (i.e. name of process or program to terminate).

More info:
http://unattended.ms...p/runonceex.htm

Visit this link for more information on taskkill:
http://www.microsoft...en/taskkill.asp

I hope this helps.
Posted Image

eddy_71

eddy_71

• 17 posts
Thank you very much Mazin. This is exactly the answer i was looking for.

mazin

mazin

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,952 posts
Never mind. Thanks.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN