Strange User accounts

crck3rz

Does anybody or have they noticed two account profiles appear on there PC.

I am the sole user of this PC and just now I discovered the accounts set up on my PC:

Jet Black

Spike Spiegel

TIA for any info

Have you ever used Xplode? I did a search on the forums for those usernames and turned up this thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...=0entry106932

In the posted XPlode.xml file, I saw this:

<adduser username='Spike' password='swordfish' groups='Administrators "Cowboy Bebop"' fullname='Spike Spiegel' comment="Don't mess with the best!" />
<adduser username='Jet' password='hammerhead' groups='Administrators "Cowboy Bebop"' fullname='Jet Black' comment="When the Black Dog bites, he don't let go!" />

Did you happen to use this by chance?

No dont use xplode, infact i dont even use useraccount.cmd etc in my unattended installs. I dont use any of those programs that make light work of the unattended cd's - its too easy and not very challenging. Thanks for the input.

No dont use xplode, infact i dont even use useraccount.cmd etc in my unattended installs. I dont use any of those programs that make light work of the unattended cd's - its too easy and not very challenging. Thanks for the input.

Lol, okay.

Seems strange that those same usernames are in scripts on this site. Have you searched through your unattended files for those names?

also the accounts seem to appear some weeks after reinstalling with my unattended CD's

Thanks

would suggest its nothing to do with the unattended CD's. to confirm checked all unattended files on my cd - nothing there.

Did a clean install with the same unattended cd last nite. checked PC - No other user accounts. This morning 12 hours or so after the install discovered the same accounts again.

Thanks

well obviously they're done at 2nd start

look into your cmd files or whatever files u create and I'm sure they are in there as jrzycrim mentioned..

or u're using xplode without even knowing it...

I've checked every time, but you can check for urselves, they're attached.

Last nite reinstalled, rebooted half a dozen times no user accounts. Computer was left on overnight when i checked this morning there are the same two user accounts again. As before, deleted them bcos i dont know the passwords. The strange thing about these accounts is that there are no folders for them on the PC like i would have expected. I know on my mates PC each user as a folder for there own files and settings.

Like i said before, I dont use xplode or any other automated tool for creating the unattended CD. Its never even been downloaded. I've used the same disk on my laptop quite a few times, the last time it was installed on the laptop was about 3 weeks ago yet these user accounts have never appeared on it.

I seem to think it might be a hacker or something. The laptop is very rarely connected to the net whereas the PC always is. Having said that my firewall is very strict. Unless I click allow when the popup asks it doesn't get in. The setting is set to ask for everything that might need access in or out.

Thanks

Unattend_Files.rar

well check your or attach your

registers.reg

tweaks.reg

u might be doing something in there...

also maybe look at your svcpack.inf? or any other file that u might have downloaded and replaced?

I mean its pretty wierd and funny, its gotta have to be about xplode's xml or its merged registry..

I was once a victim to this, exact same usernames. I got it by going on a site in someone on this forum's sig and on a page about remote desktop connection, well I think thats where it came from anyways.

*Edit*

Found it, the user is gamehead200, his site is www.astromike.com. if you go to the remote desktop page it asks you to install an active x control, if you do those usernames appear.