Whoever suggested Proxomitron...

Aaron

Long ago someone suggested Proxomitron as an ad-blocking software, so today I thought I should take my finger out of my butt and install this app.

I was very impressed with it, beats the socks off Webwasher, and any pop up killer apps! :)

After I installed and configured IE with the proxy information, I had to do nothing further! Proxomitron was already hiding banners and advertisements. Even 100% blocked all the nasty popup ads you get at Sharereactor.com and Cracks.am

10 out of 10!

by the way, you might find that the Proxomitron's UI is very colourful which would make you go "ewwww!" lol

Go to config, and click on 'Don't use Textures'. You need to restart the app for it to take effect. :)

Hmmm, i need a Pop-Up killer, one that will work good with XP and not interfer. I heard stuff about this, some good some not.

Anyone else know a good pop-up-killer?!

Why not try Proxomitron like I suggested in the first post? Its stopped all rogue popups for the last 2 days of using it :) Proxomitron also lets the friendly ones get through.

Meaya Software makes the best popup killer Popup Killer Surf to your hearts content with no popups at all. It's not free but after trying all the free ones,this is it for me and it works right with XP.

Zipp51, does it let friendly popup windows appear?

Meaya Software makes the best popup killer Popup Killer Surf to your hearts content with no popups at all. It's not free but after trying all the free ones,this is it for me and it works right with XP.

Zipp51, does it let friendly popup windows appear?

i use meaya, and yes it kills all windows..

but you can set a white list for certain sites so taht it allows popups for those sites..

for example i have in my list : msfn.org*

so it allows any popup from msfn :)

Blackwar

ahh.. I won't use Meaya then.. Proxomitron requires no whitelisting whatsoever, its clever config files allows popups from the site urls you're on.. and not from external locations. Most (or probably all) rogue banner ads come from external locations.