Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xtremexxx

WinAmp 5.03 Silent Install

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

For gods sake, I tried to install this silenty, read through DOZENS of pages on MSFN forums !!! :D everyone has something and nothing. After reading through all that I found that nobody knows exactly how and what :D , can SOMEONE post a complete CLEAN "HOW-TO" here with all the info and proper files? I am sure that many people out there would love that. :rolleyes:

Thankz a zillion,

:)

xtreme

hi,

grab winamp from Winamp-Homepage and put it where you can execute it while unattended installation.

Run these comands to install silently:

Winamp503_full.exe /S
pskill winamp.exe

grab pskill out of PSTools from Sysinternals

hope this helps a bit

cya

Killer Bee

I downloaded the .msi version, added all the little Xcrap switches, and got a big load of nothing. But on the other hand, I found that when you do 5.03 full, /S for the switch, you don't get Winamp Agent installed. You actually have to go through all that stuff when yu start it the first time. It's a trade off. Fully unattended install to your specs? no. Simple switch to get you on with your batch file? Yep!

I downloaded the .msi version, added all the little  Xcrap switches, and got a big load of nothing.  But on the other hand, I found that when you do 5.03 full, /S for the switch, you don't get Winamp Agent installed.  You actually have to go through all that stuff when yu start it the first time.  It's a trade off.  Fully unattended install to your specs?  no.  Simple switch to get you on with your batch file?  Yep!

i have this:

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Winamp\Winamp5.msi /QN Xaudio=1 Xmodernskin=1

and this works great for me. but i understand your point.....