find cdrom drive letter with xplode?

MCT

i have a question :rolleyes: im fairly new 2 xplode does the #XPLODE# refer 2 the folder where xplode is?

i ask, cuz im wondering how 2 add xplode 2 my unattended cd, so it runs off the cdrom , in dos i know u can use the %CDROM% variable with the "if exist" but how would i let xpcreate know what drive my stuff is on?

#XPLODE# is XPLODEs current directory, and depending on how you execute XPlode, it will work like you want.

#SOURCEPATH# is the entire path to where Windows was installed (\\Netshare\WinXP, just an example, could be CDROM as well)

#SOURCEDRIVE# is just the drive letter and colon where Windows was installed from.

All XPLODE specific variables, can ONLY be used within XPLODE (or it's commandline arguments /log and /xml)

I should point out that I've added a seperate block in the config file for adding extra environment variables, usable within XPlode:

<environment>
 <test>This is a long **** test of something & something.</test>
 </environment>

Gives:

%TEST% = 'This is a long **** test of something & something.'

I assume you can see the use of this, and wonder why I didn't think of it earlier :)

I've added a separate block in the config file for adding extra environment variables, usable within XPlode

Yessir.....

That sure is something I'm gonna try out when I next sit down to fiddle with XPlode.