Login to Account Create an Account
dx won't install and component
Posted 13 July 2004 - 06:38 PM
It appears this thread was about to diverge. I think my issue is with my original CD; however, this does not explain why dx 9 correctly when I double click dxsetup.exe.
On a side note, I called up Msft and they agreed to ship me a new one for free. All retail/upgrade versions are entitled to get 1 free. When SP2 ships, I can get a new CD for $14.00 USD.
Anyway, I'm going to get rid of my unattend and restore dosnet and see what happens. If I'm lucky, I get to attempt this 3 times a day (wake up/lunch/sleep).
Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:01 PM
And they appear to be coming from the /integrage:<path> option for
I guess msft's installer doesn't check for an updated dosnet.inf, nor svcpack.inf for that matter (I remember it over wrote my old svcpack.inf).
As for my dosnet.inf, I install the patch(es), I extract conents, compare the files to see which are really in use/updated, then move the required files to my i386, and finally check my dosnet.inf to see if the file is already listed. If it ain't, I add it to the [files] and [force...] sections. Since I have a system running dx9, I used my above process for the contents of the opk.
Once again, I'll be back, and thank you.
PS: if we're going to diverge, there is a new msft tweakui powertoy. Anyone know of usable command switches? Have tried /q, /qb, /s /v/q(|n|b|!), but then again, my dosnet is messed up. Oh nevermind, one thing at a time.
PPS: Thank you AMD for the download. I'm between vs 97 and vs .nyet right now. I have the software, just in the process of trying to get my xp correct first.
Posted 14 July 2004 - 10:27 PM
First, dosnet.inf does have two [files] sections
Next, upon removing useless files, I have 830 files (includes everything needed); getting rid of kb/q exe's, security cat's, inf's, and multi language I am left with 615 files. From these 615, there are 453 included in the i386 folder by default. Although, I could be off by 30 files either way (comparing sp1 i386 to the extracted contents leads me to believe I can further remove another 26 files).
Finally, where am I getting some of my files:
dplayx.dll 18.104.22.1683 <- msfn's rar gave 900
dsound.vxd <- 1.5 year diff between sp1 and dx9 rar
hccoin.dll 5.1.2600.1515 <- not sp1 nor update file
qsaf.dll <- which 1 do you have: 22.214.171.12480 or 126.96.36.1990
usbccgp.sys 5.1.2600.1515 <- these should be 1243
So now I get the fun of actually replacing files with my dvd, then finally testing the opk.
Prathapml, on the old msft powertoys, the svqn switches work fine, it's with the new powertoy.
Give me one more day, and I should have a new DVD.
Once again, thank.
Posted 14 July 2004 - 10:27 PM
updated qchain fix for xp/2k
Anyway, looks like I really messed things up somewhere
Stupidly I deleted my entire image and started from scratch. Now my setuperr.log is hugh.
Thank you, all of you, for all your comments and help. I've got lots of work trying to figure out what to change and replace.
Does msfn keep a list of up to date files, including version numbers, referenced to kb/q files, and placement in the cmdlines vs svcpack? If not, anyone interested in starting one?
Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:20 AM
I've uploaded a file containing all the updates I use if anyone is interested. It's mylist.zip and is a 47kb (compressed to 7kb) text file. It's broken down into svc, cmdline, and gui sections by date.
It appears the problem is not with my install, but something to do with my dvd-r's. After receiving my new xpsp1a pro cd from msft, I find I encounter the same problems with the same files ; I suppose I should try installing and extracting from a cd device to see if there is a difference.
Thank you once again.
Posted 21 July 2004 - 01:35 AM
FileNameBelow is, well, below
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\FileNameBelow.dll]is not signed properly by Microsoft. This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.
Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file.
Your setuperr.log is located in c:\windows, and should only be updated when xp is installed. Presently, mine is 2k
d3dim700.dll, mmcndmgr.dll, msvidctl.dll, mswebdvd.dll, qmgr.dll
Posted 23 July 2004 - 08:56 PM
2 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users