runonceex result

I've searched i think the whole forum for this question but couldn't find it: After compiling the runonceex.cmd file i tested it by doubleclicking on it. After this i went into the registry to see the result. I found that for all my apps there was a line in the reg. My question however is; can i be certain that the apps will install now? I saw that for some apps there were lines like this one: Nero Burning Rom and nothing more and for example moviemaker2 gave this line: \Software\MovieMak\mm20.msi /qn. I'm a bit confused about these differences.

I think that you want this one

\Software\MovieMak\mm20.msi /qn

to look like this one

E:\Software\MovieMak\mm20.msi /qn

Am I right?

The reason why this doesn't work in your test is probably because you ran the cmd file in a working environment without a cd.txt file in any driveletter, or on the C:, the batch skips that drive.

By

I saw that for some apps there were lines like this one: Nero Burning Rom and nothing more
do you mean there are no values under the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\01 Key other than Nero Burning Rom?

try to change line

REG ADD %KEY%\01 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Nero\nero63110.exe /no_ui /silent /noreboot" /f

into

REG ADD %KEY%\01 /V 1 /D "\"%CDROM%\Software\Nero\nero63110.exe\" /no_ui /silent /noreboot" /f

To see the complete string, including the CDROM letter, I put a CD in the CD-ROM before running my RunOnceEx.cmd.

In this example, there's a file on the inserted CD named "Extract.exe":

IF EXIST "D:\C D\Extract.exe" set CDROM=D:

IF EXIST "E:\C D\Extract.exe" set CDROM=E:

IF EXIST "F:\C D\Extract.exe" set CDROM=F:

IF EXIST "G:\C D\Extract.exe" set CDROM=G:

IF EXIST "H:\C D\Extract.exe" set CDROM=H:

IF EXIST "I:\C D\Extract.exe" set CDROM=I:

IF EXIST "J:\C D\Extract.exe" set CDROM=J:

When I go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx, I should find this string:

I:\Software\DotNet\netfx.msi /qb

This is for: REG ADD %KEY%\15 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\DotNet\netfx.msi /qb" /f

So, I could check the whole string in real conditions, where my CDROM letter is "I".