DoomIII Gold...

Deezire

From what I've seen so far, the graphics are killing!

I had the great honor of trying an early BETA of it, and the atmosphere is just SPOOKY! The sounds and everything in the game is so "realistic" you do feel like you're actually there!

I have to agree with TigerWolf. I'm not trying to flame-bait or anything. I've been an iD fan ever since Wolfenstein. But frankly I feel, by the time HL2 hits the streets, Doom III will be over and forgotten.

I have to agree with TigerWolf. I'm not trying to flame-bait or anything. I've been an iD fan ever since Wolfenstein. But frankly I feel, by the time HL2 hits the streets, Doom III will be over and forgotten.

aH well....

Still.........HL2 isn`t gold yet....

Doom3 is....

So Doom3 clearly has an advantage....

I think...:)

HL2 is more of a hype i think...

I wouldn't say releasing during the holiday season (summer vacation) is an advantage. :)

Doom III is just as hyped as HL2. It's just that I think HL2 will take FPS games to the next level, content wise speaking, Doom III won't; and I'm NOT talking graphics.

But frankly I feel, by the time HL2 hits the streets, Doom III will be over and forgotten.

Hehe your correct once HL 2 is out Doom III will be forgotten about...along with Quake IV, UT2006,....hehe.

I'm sure HL 2 will be a fun game...and one I will be picking up...but I'm not sure where you get the idea that it will offer more content than other games during the same time period.

From a tech point of view...it doesn't offer much more than the latest versions of Q3E and is on par with UT2004 or Far Cry...which Far Cry may come out a cut above with its next patch....

If that source code leak is any indication of the quality of code that was in the game at the time....then well..they might have been wiser to have keeped developing on thier lic of the Q3E and just bolt on the new stuff...because what they had was kind of p*** poor for the time they have spent on it.

I have no doubt they will be able to develop a fun and worth while game...but I think that Valve has been to busy playing with other tech stuff (Steam,...) then with the development of thier game.

I wouldn't say releasing during the holiday season (summer vacation) is an advantage. :)

hmm sure it is...this way all the teenagers can earn the money needed to upgrade thier systems for D3 to run smooth.

Any ways we'll just have to wait and see how things play out...but me personally I'm looking forward to both...tho honestly I"m more excited about Doom....since it looks like it will scare the s*** out of me. :rolleyes:

We'll just have to wait and see.... :)

But summer vacation is NOT a good time to release. You *should* know this. X-mas season is MUCH better. During summer holiday a lot of people spend money TRAVELLING to places and SEEING things, soaking up new cultures.

Sounds like your the kinda guy that spends his entire summer in front of the computer. :rolleyes: j/k.

And if you're looking for scary s***... Quake 1... how old is that game... that was scary too... Scary games have been around for a looooong time. Nothing new on the horizon here.

but what is good is that Doom III has a story unlike the versions below it

Yeah... kill everybody and save the world. Haven't heard that one before... :)

hahahah....

No....first time i hear that story :D:rolleyes: