• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ottoman

transparent .bmp's

3 posts in this topic

I have been trying to find how to make a bmp with a transparent background, but have not been able to find out how. I know that bmp's don't natively have support for transparency like png's and gif's do, but there has to be a way to do it because the guide on how to put an oem logo on the My Computer screen says you can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Found this using google, gonna try it to see if it works:

To make a transparent bitmap you must make sure that the bitmap has been converted to Indexed 256 colour. 24bit Bitmaps will not make a transparent image. Make sure that pixel (0,0) in the top left most part of the picture has the colour you want to be transparent.

If you have a background colour that you do not want to be transparent put another colour at pixel (0,0), preferably 1 that doesn't appear in the rest of the image. Some image editors allow you to add a colour to the palette if needed.

In some cases setting colour 0 in the colour index also can help.

And here is the webpage quoted, with a freeware tool

EDIT// works like a charm :)

Edited by ToBe