How can be captured video with directshow?

finrod

Hello!

i must make a program for videoconference in multicast and i must capture video from the webcam using directshow but i haven't :) any idea on what i have to do, so... Is there any one who can help me? please

• 2 weeks later...

por que eres compatriota :)

i think it can be done with many programs but i haven't test them with video. fraps can capture 3d but i'm not too sure that you can use it to capture a video overlay. there are other alternatives like hypersnap dx, this works good capturing the desktop but another time i haven't test it with streaming. finally with virtual dub mod you can capture from a tv signal but as the above, i haven't test it with videos. hope it helps

• 1 month later...

If you really *have* to, then check out the directx SDK, there's a bunch of DirectShow examples in there. Also, you could peek at the source of some other apps that do it (like virtualdub(mod) that has capturing abilities and is open source). Lots of times you have to deal with vfw stuff too. I remember even seeing some small apps on psc that played with the webcam... There is also a netmeeting SDK out there with C++ code, you could maybe base some of it on that?

Otherwise (if you don't absolutely *have* to code it), there is a free video server that can do that already: unreal media server (www.umediaserver.net) - and there's always windows media services and what not...