Routers and Hosting yourself.

xan

I don't know if this is in the right area exactly but it concerns my Network.

I am trying to host myself and I am using the No-IP service (No - IP Page) to point to my dynamic address. Now my address is xanspc.no-ip.info which points to the IP descovered by the DUC software supplied by No-IP.

I soon realised that because I am behind a firewalled router (NETGEAR DG834) I need to set up a Demilitarized Zone or DMZ which there is a setting in the admin control panel to do so. I have set it to 192.168.0.13 which is the IP designated to my PC (no other PC in the building can have that IP address except this one). Which should be allowing HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and SMTP to be accessed by the internet.

I am running Windows XP with Apache 2.summut PHP 4.3.4 and some FTP thingy that isn't important right now. No Firewall is enabled on this machine and the Firewall rules have been changed to allow all appropriate incomming traffic to the hosting machine.

The Problem: Whenever I type in the address (http://xanspc.no-ip.info) once the DUC has updated I still cannot see my site, It should be seen as all the computers on the network can see it by typing 192.168.0.13 but no-one else can see it by typing the no-ip address. If I change the no-ip address to 192.168.0.13 everyone on the network can use that address but no-one outside of the network can.

Please could somebody help me?

Thankz

Xan "Nautilus" Manning.

It works when I use a plain ADSL modem, I managed to make it so I was sharing files via FTP between me and some friends and occasionally I used port 80 to tell them to go to port 21.

I have managed to get it to point to the remote management of the router even though I have turned it off!!! There is a small 2 mins when I can access my site on my PC before remote management kicks in.

Lol, congrats... you pressed it on the only 2 minutes that allowed you to get to my site :) Thanks for trying... I may have a solution but... meh. :rolleyes:

Thankx.