Direct9.0c unattended

I tested both methods:

directx_9c_redist.exe /silent /noreboot
and
directx_9c_redist.exe /silent

Using the "/noreboot" switch generates an "invalid command-line switch" message then exits.

Using just the "/silent" switch works great, no screen messages and no reboot. Also running "dxdiag" afterwards shows complete & correct install

Take care,

Jim

"Guam: Where America's Day Begins!"

• 5 weeks later...
I hexedited dxsetup.exe at offset 0x359B and changed 0x74 to 0xEB. Then the /OPK switched worked again.

Note that I have done it with the german version, but the old hacks worked for 9.0b, so you may try this.

EDIT: I took the dxsetup.exe from the 9.0c redistributable

--

Pyron

can somebody show the file before and after the modification? I don't know about hexediting and can't find that offset 0x359B and 0x74... I have dxsetup.exe opened in PSPad

Thanks for the help in advance

@Alphaz

No need to hex-edit this version of the dX redist.

As said above, directly use the "/silent" switch to carry out an unattended install of it.

I know, I read the posts but with [...]\install\Apps\DirectX9\directx9c.exe /silent I get the following screen

Anyway, as the redist is inclluded in XP2, there would be no need to annoy myself doing this, but still I would like to know how to do it... (the little guide posted before does not work either)

post-70-1096210257_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I mistyped... Already tried this guide in the post you mentione but it does not work (I mentioned that in a previous post) and I followed carefully each step. I work on a french version but it shouldn't make any difference

I am also trying to install DirectX9 during the install of windows but without success.  I am somewhat new to hex.  Could someone either give some instruction or point me in the right direction?

doing all those things just to install directx 9.0c is too annoying for me, I prefer to get a slipstreamed XP SP2 in which this version 9.0c is included :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

One nice thing with doing the suggested binary update to the new EXE is the /windowsupdate switch works again which is like /silent but puts up a progress bar WITHOUT a cancel button. (Win2K SP4 here, so don't scream "SP2" to me! :whistle: )

So, what are the steps to track down the correct offset when M$ comes up with a new EXE anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

I am returning back to Windows XP Pro Corp SP1 package cause there are just to many issue with software running on top of Windows XP Pro Corp SP2 package...

Besides that the BOSS (my wife the beta tester) says if I don't put back sp1 she is going to kick my you know what....

SP2 goes in the bit bucket along with 99.9% of all software that my wife has tested....

Anyway after playing with trying to get DirectX 9c to install silent there is a issue with the installation file....

If you do the online windows update checks before install directX 9c it will install silent no problems...

if you try to install it before going on line it says the packages has not been signed by microsoft...

there are two (2) DirectX9c packages at the microsoft site...

a original and a update....

Neither of them will install on the first run without doing the update site thing...... if you run the original and let it give the error and hit exit then install the update it will go all the way silent.....

I have tried moving it all around.... in the run keys... no go...

So my final conculsions is it is and issue with the windows xp installer package somewhere....

How do you let microsoft know about the issue...

EXTRA Note ***********

Also there v5 update site is screwed up to when you run the check for updates for the SP1 package the first time it says error.....

the only way to fix it is to reboot and do the check again... Then it works...

For some reason the Direct x install package for the update site has an issue to...

LOL I see microsoft beta testers are just like the rest they S U C K....

Are there any files at micro soft that I can download to update what ever in the signaures so DirectX 9c will install....

Mac!

Why not implement the WUv5 updates into your XP CD?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=28527&hl=wuv5

Thanks

that took care of the /silent working on direct x 9c

I still have to reboot when I go to the update site...

I will dig some more into the intergation of the Wu5 site

I added the files that where posted in the other thread to the i386 folders

but it didn't install the windows update applet or the IE active x component

when windows loaded

I will dig some more into what I have to add to active it so I don't have to reboot... when running the update site for the first time...

LOL the /silent issue is licked...

on to the next issue,,,

Mac!

Found out that you need to grab this file from the IE temp folders

WindowsPCA.crl

right before you accept the install active x web site update thing the first time

install that file before you install direct X 9c then it will install all the way

no hex edit needed..

also use the updated oct issue of 9c...

hope this helps you all that are trying....

I'm going back to my install by numbers... Found out there is to many conflicts trying to load it all at once...

Here is a matching link it matches the file I have now..

Don't know if it stays the same all the time

http://crl.microsoft.com/pki/crl/products/WindowsPCA.crl

Mac!

• 6 months later...

Ok guys ... I have read the whole thread and still didnt got it .. :(

Can anyone explain how can I get directx splipstreamed into my UA CD?

I use nLite to add some hotfixes and to remove some components, after that is done, and the .iso created, how can I add directx?

Please guys! :(