Anybody knows the Directx 9C switch

Dennie

There's no switch available for the redist, you still have to get the OPK-type installer from the right place. Did you read this while downloading dX9C?

DirectX 9.0c has a silent instal (no UI, and no reboot) which is available to Microsoft Volume License Customers (VLC) on the following Microsoft Volume License Site (MVLS). This is a Multi-lingual package which does not require an internet connection during installation.

More details here : DirectX 9.0c Redistributable for Software Developers - Multilingual

hi,

download the above file and extract it, open it in your favorite hex-editor (i prefer PSPad) and change 0x74 to 0xEB at offset 0x359B. After that you can install it silently with

dxsetup /OPK

hope this helps a bit

cya

Killer Bee

PS: thanks to Pyron for pointing this out :)

No need to wait or hexedit.  :)

Just use

dxsetup.exe /silent

I've tested that on a WIndows 2000 Pro. It DOESN'T work.

I ran a DxDiag before, it said version 7.0, and I then again after, still version 7.0.

It does seem to do something, but it doesnt install. If I do a manual install, it does indeed end up reporting 9.0 back.

Could one of you leet haxors please post your altered dxsetup.exe (english version). Thanks.

Strange. I got it working now. Tested it on a Win2k as well as a WinXP. The only difference from now and last time a tired, was that I was using a VMWare Win2K install last. Weird. Ohh well... thanks.