password

sedative

all you have to do is set up a channel with a key. to do so, just type /mode #<channel name> +k <hey here>

for example: /mode #msfn +k msfn0wnz

:)

sorry about the new thread, i clicked the "start new thread" button by accident.:spaced

ight, i set up a channel on irc.dal.net called "#msfn". to connect to this channel, you'll need an irc client.. i recommend mirc h*tp://mirc.com. download that, run it, and type in /server irc.dal.net. once connected type /join #msfn. if the board moderator wants to send me a message or something, i'll let them know what the password for the chan is.

now, to keep the channel private, we would have to set a key. with a key set, somebody couldn't just join the channel, they would need the key to enter. example: /join #msfn wouldn't work, but /join #msfn <key here> would. to have this key enabled at all times, somebody (a bot) will have to be in the channel. if there's nobody in the channel, anybody could enter. while the channel could not be "taken over" or anything like that, it will no longer be private. anyhoo, if somebody is running linux or whatever, and would be nice enough to throw an eggdrop bot in there, it'd be great.

if there's any other questions, feel free to reply.

Yeah...not a bad thing except that we can have some real time chatting when requesting files from each other but then there is MSN and you can give that out to those that you trust.

Rick