Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

how to change address type from Assigned by DHCP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

questiononDHCP

questiononDHCP
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 27-July 04
I just switched DSL providers and am having problems accessing the internet because I need to change my TCP/IP address type to stop being "Assigned by DHCP".

When I go to the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) for my ethernet card, the general tab says obtain IP and DNS server manually. Alternate configuration tab says Automatic Private IP address.

I tried uninstalling my ethernet card's drivers and reinstalling and it still defaults to DHCP. I even installed a totally new card with new drivers and the new card is now set to DHCP too.

Help! I must have changed some settings when I set up the first dsl provider and I can't figure out how to undo.

Thanks!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

neosapience

neosapience

• PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Joined 01-June 04
Try using RASPPPOE instead of your DSL software or windows crappy native DSL support (provided you're using PPPOE for your connection, which is what most DSL providers use).

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users