Winamp 5.0.4 MSI release

Alanoll

Is there a way to install it for all users??  :whistle:

that's a VERY good question. To be honest, I have NO idea. Thought I'll look into it :hello:

@Astalavista

edbro is correct. If you specify the Parent, all the children are selected to be installed as well. And FYI, the only REAL settings that will take effect from your INI are the registration and shortcut switches. The others are redundant as you specified XFULL=1 in the command line. Unless of course you don't want anything, then you should really remove XFULL=1 from the command call.

So to reiterate, if you specified XAUDIO=1, then ALL the audio stuff gets installed, where as you just specified XWAV=1 and XMID=1 then then ONLY those would get installed (assuming you ALSO don't have XAUDIO=1, as that would override the others)

As for the PMs, I don't really mind them that much, assuming people have actually searched before hand. But when I 20 PMs a day asking where so and so should put start.cmd, it gets kinda annoying. No offense to those who PMed me with such a question.

ok, i got this now as my INI:

[SETUP]
XLIBRARY=1
XJUMP=1
XMODERNSKIN=1
XAUDIO=1
XNAME=XXXXX
XKEY=XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
XQUICKLAUNCH=1
INSTALLDIR=C:\Program files\Winamp
XSKINSETTING=Winamp Classic

but my questions are the following:

this should install:

winamp library

jump 2 file

modern skin support

audio support

it will become registered (do i need to use " " for it?)

i will get a quicklaunch icon

it will be installed to C:/program files/winamp

and i will get the winamp classic skin as standard?

tnx already,

stevenp

hallo, i have only one question about the string

XSkinsetting=MMD3

that's the skin i specified in my runonceex, but i have question - where does the MSI will download / achieve the skin? or the skin MMD3 is coming with the MSI? thank u.

ok, i got this now as my INI:

[SETUP]
XLIBRARY=1
XJUMP=1
XMODERNSKIN=1
XAUDIO=1
XNAME=XXXXX
XKEY=XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
XQUICKLAUNCH=1
INSTALLDIR=C:\Program files\Winamp
XSKINSETTING=Winamp Classic

but my questions are the following:

this should install:

winamp library

jump 2 file

modern skin support

audio support

it will become registered (do i need to use " " for it?)

i will get a quicklaunch icon

it will be installed to C:/program files/winamp

and i will get the winamp classic skin as standard?

tnx already,

stevenp

correct. For simplicity, you may want to enclose anything strings (non numbers) with quotes. It shouldn't matter, but you never know.

You will also get a desktop shortcut and a startmenu shortcut, unless you specify otherwise.

@adiel

this MSI will NOT download anything from the internet. All that switch does, is allow you to specify an already present skin, and it just gets inputted into winamp.ini. If the skin is present, and that's the name, then it should work. Otherwise, it will revert to the classic skin

Hey Alanoll...

Had a few problems with some options not installing when they should of, but changing the MSI for your latest release solved all my problems!

A big thanks for all the effort you made in putting this useful installer together. :thumbup

Hi Alanoll, I just installed your latest msi (8/13) and the CDDB doesn't seems to work...

When playing a CD, and checking the "File info" from the playlist, I get "Success!" but nothing appear...

Here's a screenshot.

thanx

post-80-1093097541_thumb.jpg

Hi, I'm currently attempting doing an unattended windows install cd for the first time, and i'm trying to get all the installers working from command line before I attempt to burn a cd. I always like to keep my program files directory and start menu's really neat, categorising software into categories such as Audio in the case of winamp. I've been trying to us the INSTALLDIR option to install the program to a directory other than default, but I can't get it working.

I've tried

start winamp_5.0.4.msi INSTALLDIR="c:\program files\audio\WinAmp5" xfull=1 /qn

start winamp_5.0.4.msi INSTALLDIR="c:\program files\audio\WinAmp5\" /xfull=1 /qn

start winamp_5.0.4.msi /qn INSTALLDIR="c:\program files\audio\WinAmp5" xfull=1

and finally...

start winamp_5.0.4.msi INI="c:\software\winamp.ini" /qn

with the INI file containing...

[sETUP]

XFULL=1

INSTALLDIR="c:\Program files\Audio\Winamp5"

XSKINSETTING="Winamp Classic"

And I can't get any of them to work. It always installs to c:\program files\winamp

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

i believe for INSTALLDIR to work correctly, it must be used by calling msiexec.exe /i winamp5.msi INSTALLDIR="PATH" /qb

the INI won't work the way you have it (INSTALLDIR variable) simply because I didn't add functionality to it. I only added functionality for the switches I added.

in my tests I always use msiexec.exe /i to start the MSI.....so....yeah. It's the proper way anyway.

as for the CDDB issue, haven't had time this week to do much of anything with the MSI. switching to a new computer, and school is starting up (first couple weeks is supposed be pretty hectic). I'll see about getting to it this weekend.

Change in plans....perhaps.....

Instead of fixing this issue, should I update the MSI to 5.05 and fix the issue at the same time, or maintain two MSI's? Your call, but I must point out, your decision may not really happen :P It all depends on time.....