PROB | ATI DVD-Decoder

Raiden

Word of advice, pls stay away from Real Player, and their format really need to die.

I couldn't agree more. Thanks as well for the download, I too have been having a time with this, glad someone has finally worked out a solution. Has anyone determined if there is an actual working entry in the Add/Remove control panel for removal of this for updating?

I seen above where it was mentioned that it was or should be listed there if all went well, my question was does the uninstaller actually allow for the uninstallation of it, or does it become a "dead link" so to speak when uninstalling?

(Much like some of M$'s files when slipstreamed, though they show up in the folder, you cannot uninstall them it gives you an error if you try to remove them.)

the dead link appears in my system too.yon can try windows installer cleanup utility to uninstall it.now i wondered when i type "dvdupgrd /detect" in start->run,it only show cyberlink dvd decoder.

Are the decoder files supposed to be in the common files folder?

I got it to silently install by using InstallShield X and modifying the installer, SO SWEET AND EASY :lol:

I run it like this for those interested:

msiexec /qb /i atidvd.msi reboot=reallysuppress

and there is a custom execution script that aborts the install when you try to install it silently, all I did was delete that .. and now it installs

EDIT: oops... cannot repair/modify/uninstall DANG

Run the Setup.exe that the Decoder downloads with:

/z-wF:\

as the commandline/switch where F: is the location of the CD. This is the command that the Install button sends...

When I monitored file access it accesses the following files:

***\BIN\aticdfp.sys -I imagine fp is FingerPrint/FolderProperties/Etc and shows where the folders/files are. I tried tricking the installer by making empty folder structures, but it didn't work...it did however work with the Setup.exe that is downloaded and only needs to see one other file.

***\install\DVDDcdr\DVDDcdr.dat

So create a folder...say C:\FakeCD

and under it have the following folders:

\BIN\

\install\DVDDcdr\

In \BIN\ put aticdfp.sys and in \install\DVDDcdr\ put DVDDcdr.dat

Now run Setup.exe /z-wC:\FakeCD

That's pretty much it, and about as far as I'd go since this still requires an original CD to copy the files from and get the Decoder downloaded...and since ATI is awesome I don't want to tick them off by giving away any more secrets. Repackaging the Decoder may make them mad since they put so much effort in hiding it, and could get a lawsuit slapped on you. Gotta be careful these days.