Anybody still have SP2 build 2055?

Jazkal

Concurrent sessions -- I understand the advantage of being able to log in from a remote terminal and also log in at the local term at the same time. Are there any other uses for this that I'm missing?

Gai-jin

Also, if one puts this cab in the source dir, is it also required that wfp be disabled, or will wfp not be a factor if this is in the source for the windows installation?

If you put it in the source (i386), make sure and add the reg file to your unattended. But yes, that's all that's needed.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the info I need?

What I'm looking to do:

I want to figure out how to patch the build 2180 version of the termsrv.dll to allow concurrent sessions, using the build 2055 version of the file as a reference.

What tools/methods do I need to learn/use to figure this out. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT:

Which reg file? 

This key?

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SFCSetting",0x00010001,0xffffff9d

Yes, that one.

@Jazkal

I wish I knew too.. Your going to need some very good skills with a debugger to try and find it, if it is possible at all.

That, or soemone else finds it first and shares the knowledge :)

Then we can just download a file or do some small hexediting hopefully.

Then we can just download a file or do some small hexediting hopefully.

That's what I'm shooting for, but someone has to do the work upfront, and I don't mind putting in the time. I just need someone to point me on the way.

Try setting AllowMultipleTSSessions to 1 at the same place as EnableConcurrentSessions. Seems to be a new reg key in the 2180 dll that is not in the 2055 dll.

I'll give that a try once I get home. Thanks for the info.

UPDATE:

Just tested it on a friends workstation here, and it didn't work. We added both of the regkeys and rebooted.

Nopes! Not me.

Been on XPSP2 since 7 days, not hacked TCPIP.SYS, rebooted very few times, and run P2P apps a _lot_.

And I only see lots of 4226 and 1007 - no 1006 *ANYWHERE* in the event log (all sections searched).

Hi everyboby, i am new to here, nice to meet all of u (i came from Hong Kong, please don't mind my bad english)

I followed the step in order to make my winxp which just upgraded to sp2 rtm build to have the concurrent sessions, i found that the step is not quite clear enough, here is what i have done (please notice that i am not clean installation from a unattened cd):

1. Extract the attached termsrv.dl_ (which posted by the administrator at the start of this thread) and overwrite to c:\windows\system32 (for my case, even i booted to safe mode, when overwrite this file, it said it is using by the system, so i boot by win98 boot disk to dos and overwrite it)

2. Click: Start - Run

And type: regedit

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core

Right-mouse-click on the right pane and create a new DWORD: EnableConcurrentSessions

Double-click the value and type: 1

3. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Double-click DWORD: AllowMultipleTSSessions and change the value to 1

that's all

here, thank you everybody for this hack :)

termsrv.dl_