Microsoft no habla Espanol

SiMoNsAyS

Still, despite Windows XP being nearly three years old and the update modifying less than 5 percent of the code, Bill Gates is calling Service Pack 2 "a significant step in delivering on our goal to help customers make their PCs better isolated and more resilient in the face of increasingly sophisticated attacks."

That is, so long as the customer speaks English, lives in the right corner of the world and uses the Internet enough.

Full Story

what do you think?

i think ppl should stop being such babies, windows is an english product... so english is no doubt going to be released first... you know they very well could just say "screw 'em most ppl know english anyways...we'll just release this and be done with it."

be thankful that they are spending the time and effort to put out 25 diff. versions.

My thoughts exactely. I've been waiting for the sp2 release for quite a while, but it's logical that the english version will be available first. Not that i wouldn't want the dutch version to be available asap. But it's free, so why would you complain... :)

yep, i doesn't think that the early english release of sp2 it's a problem. i of course preffer a multilingual release of sp2 :) and i must desagree with

be thankful that they are spending the time and effort to put out 25 diff. versions.

i mustn't be thankful, microsoft releases different languages because you know that all the world don't speak english and MS won't lost $ from non-speaking english countries.

i think ppl should stop being such babies, windows is an english product... so english is no doubt going to be released first... you know they very well could just say "screw 'em most ppl know english anyways...we'll just release this and be done with it."

Indeed, simple words from a simple mind...

Nobody thinks like that.

As if MS an American company (not an English) btw, would become what they are now if they only would sell to the English community.

Don't get me wrong godan, but your view over this matter is a simple one...

Greets from a WORLD citizen...

VV

I ment english speaking... and did you read the article? did you read my post? I didn't say they shouldn't release different languages, I simply said that ppl shouldn't complain that an english speaking company released english service pack initially that will be followed up by 25 more languages for free when they really didn't have to. Windows XP is a bit long in the tooth and its not like they are going to make tons more money off it now that they released sp2, in fact Microsoft probabbly spent more developing sp2 than they will gain in XP sales from its release.

Ain't non of y'all spell properly. in my ignorance please correct me if i am wrong, but %60 of the world speak an english language, while the other 40% are made up from smaller minorities one of them being geordies, so it is natural for microsoft to release english versions first [why the hell they have released german version is beyond me, bill gates/adolf...hmmm... :)] anyway i am digressing now,So let's leave it be and goodbye...

Ain't non of y'all spell properly.  in my ignorance please correct me if i am wrong, but %60 of the world speak an english language, while the other 40% are made up from smaller minorities one of them being geordies, so it is natural for microsoft to release english versions first [why the hell they have released german version is beyond me, bill gates/adolf...hmmm... :)] anyway i am digressing now,So let's leave it be and goodbye...

and me to, as you can see are the numbers a bit different then you think.

these are the facts:

The 50 Most Widely Spoken Languages

Rank, Countries2 Population3

language (in millions)

1. Chinese, Mandarin Brunei, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Singapore, S. Africa, Taiwan, Thailand 885

2. Spanish Algeria, Andorra, Argentina, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, El Salvador, Eq. Guinea, Guatemala, Honduras, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Mali, Mexico, Morocco, Nicaragua, Niger, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Spain, Togo, Tunisia, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela. 332

3. English Australia, Belize, Botswana, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, The Gambia, Guyana, India, Ireland, Israel, Lesotho, Liberia, Malaysia, Micronesia, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, S. Africa, Suriname, Swaziland, Tonga, U.K., U.S., Vanuatu, Zimbabwe, many Caribbean states 322

4. Arabic Egypt, Sudan, ALgeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Lybia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan, Yemen, UAE, Oman, Iraq, Lebanon 235

5. Bengali Bangladesh, India, Singapore 189

6. Hindi India, Nepal, Singapore, S. Africa, Uganda 182

7. Portuguese Angola, Brazil, Cape Verde, France, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, Portugal, São Tomé and Príncipe 170

8. Russian China, Israel, Mongolia, Russia, U.S. 170

9. Japanese Japan, Singapore, Taiwan 125

10. German, Standard Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Czech Rep., Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Paraguay, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Switzerland 98

This is a listing of the 23 most populous countries in the world (those having a population over fifty million). Data are estimates from mid-2003.
China - 1,294,629,555

India - 1,065,070,607

United States - 293,027,571

Indonesia - 238,452,952

Brazil - 184,101,109

Pakistan - 153,705,278

Russia - 144,112,353

Bangladesh - 141,340,476

Nigeria - 137,253,133

Japan - 127,333,002

Mexico - 104,959,594

Philippines - 86,241,697

Vietnam - 82,689,518

Germany - 82,424,609

Egypt - 76,117,421

Iran - 69,018,924

Turkey - 68,893,918

Ethiopia - 67,851,281

Thailand - 64,865,523

France - 60,424,213

United Kingdom - 60,270,708

Democratic Republic of the Congo - 58,317,930

Italy - 58,057,477

Taken From site and site

@alvorosor i stand corrected....

@visaversa i was talking about spoken language not population of a particular country, and seeing as in nearly every country in the world people are taught english as there second language, i would think that english is the most widely spoken language, even if it is not there native language.

p.s i do respect the world

i have to agree with my country-dudes on everything. it's natural that english sp2 was released before anyone, what it's annoying me it's that if i'm speaking any "rare" language that "only" millions of people are speaking everyday i have to wait 2 months!! this means that when sp2 will be released for example in portuguese there will be MB of updates waiting for me on windows update!! that is why i copied that special part of the article.

nearly every country in the world people are taught english as there second language
@devil270975 i have to correct you because if for example in spain from 40.000.000 millions of people, 5.000.000 are speaking english (note that this amount of people its many more than in reality), only 250.000 can speak and understand english perfectly with computer terms.
I simply said that ppl shouldn't complain that an english speaking company released english service pack initially that will be followed up by 25 more languages for free when they really didn't have to

@godan, i think you don't know much about the world, M$ it's a multilingual corporation with interests in all the nations of the world and because windows it's the most common OS all over the world they HAVE to release multilingual versions of their updates, what impress me it's that they only release updates in 26 languages there are many more on the world.

[why the hell they have released german version is beyond me, bill gates/adolf...hmmm...]

@devil270975 i have speak about this with an admin on MSFN he answer me that german it's the second language version more selled of xp followed by indian...

my conclusion it's that M$ have to release an english sp2 version first but if i've bought XP with the same price as any other one in the world, why i must wait 2 months to have the same as a "speaking english guy" (note that everyday sasserS grows :) )??