SP2 install needed hacked files list

nolookingca

Update:Zaheer's file pack and several other things are now included. Major post reformat soon.

I tried Zaheer's file pack and I got errors after I rebooted which prevented anything from loading.

What I did was upgrade to SP2 using this file "WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe"

After it was done, rebooted and went back to the desktop, i rebooted back into safemode and renamed the orginal files with .BAK extension. I then copied the 3 extracted files

sfc_os.dl_

tcpip.sy_

uxtheme.dl_

and renamed them with the .dll and .sys extensions. Placed them in the appropriate folders and when I rebooted I got errors in regards to these 3 files. Couldnt really do anything so I rebooted again in safe mode with the command prompt so I can use the original files again.

Are the files in:

http://cheater.freeprohost.com/MSFN/hacked_files.zip

up-to-date?

What I mean: is tcpip.sy_ the unlimited one?

yep. the one and only

@ignant: the files are for the CD. use this if you want to use it "normally"

expand filename.dl_ filename.dll

Then use replacer to replace the file. (www3.telus.net/_replacer)

P.S. I apologize for the confusion

Are the files in:

http://cheater.freeprohost.com/MSFN/hacked_files.zip

up-to-date?

What I mean: is tcpip.sy_ the unlimited one?

yep. the one and only

@ignant: the files are for the CD. use this if you want to use it "normally"

expand filename.dl_ filename.dll

Then use replacer to replace the file. (www3.telus.net/_replacer)

P.S. I apologize for the confusion

Thanks man.........that worked.

Windows was not happy when it was uncompressed heheheheh

Atleast I know the CDs I made are OK even though it was missing the termsrv.dl_

I wish I would have found that yesterday. I finally got all 4 hacked files, missing that Matrix file for I guess its used during installation. You have that anywhere??? I'll redo my ISO image with those 2 files included. Thanks again

going to ask a dumb question:

are the hacked files here for use with a simple slipstream SP2 installation, or is it meant for an unattended install?

I tried sticking these files into the prepped ISO and windows claimed that the .sif file has zero value.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

@ignant: I got the termsrv in my version of the files and that's it. Be sure to apply the termsrv reg file (attached to first post) or its not going to work. Again, I apologize for the problems

@hedger: As far as I know, the files should work fine for ever slipstreamed sp2 cd. Just replace the files in i386.

@hedger

Im also having some error similar to the one you post.. ISO error .sif corrupted then [sourceDisksFiles] and zero "SP2.cab".. :)

dont have any clue.. before i slipstream the sp2 my installer woks fine with all the servicepack and some utilities line norton.. is there any files to be modified?

thanks

better post this in the xp or unattended forums instead of here

P.S. I heard (read) that if you had customizations done to the source of the slipstream (pre-slipstreamed cd) it won't work -- you have to start "clean" and do the customizations after slipstream

@ignant:  I got the termsrv in my version of the files and that's it. Be sure to apply the termsrv reg file (attached to first post) or its not going to work. Again, I apologize for the problems

Ooops I overlooked that part. Thanks again.