Slipstreaming SP2 into Dell OEM cd

aresgodofwar

i downloaded sp2 and tried to slipstream. im getting the error 'This Service Pack cannot be integrated into a destination that also has integrated Software Updates.'

thing is, there are no updates slipstreamed. and if i slipstream sp1, it works fine.

i've tried both the -s and -integrate switches.

Dell OEM CDs are known to have a lot of problems (I don't say so, you hear so many complaints to that effect, just try searching the forums for dell OEM).

Your best bet is to somehow convince them to give you a full CD for a small price differential, for the upgrade. Or, get them to give you a new SP2 slip-streamed CD, after losing the old one.

Wow! I was just going to post about this. My DELL CD has a bunch of Q patches in the i386 dir. I deleted these patches and removed the entries from the SVCPACK.INF file, however, I'm still getting the same errors. I'll try and work on this in my spare today and post any results that I find. :)

just delete the svcpack.inf file altogehter.... only problem is... now im getting usbehci.sys corrupt errors when i boot to the cd.... someone suggested i change the case of the filename to upper case and i tried that but still nothing.

With you guys with my Inspiron 8600

A few days ago I noticed someone posting our error at <<spam>>. I feel like his conclusion was it will give that error, but keep going and no worries. It was unimportant for me at the time as I was waiting for official release at MS. Now I can't seem to find the post and stumbled across this one :)

edit,

ok...well I didn't know that site was considering spam, maybe if someone wants to do some more searching at the site because I know it is there (It was one of those HUGE topics, I think the one giving the un-official of SP 2180) N-E-O-W-I-N

double edit

http://www.<<spam>>.net/forum/...howtopic=201725

good topic to keep with this one. Would like to figure this out asap :rolleyes:

triple edit

ok fine, let me tell you what im doing

1) deletig SVCPack._DL

2) deleting SVCPack Directory

3) Modifying SVCPack.inf to the following

[Version] 
Signature="$Windows NT$"

[SetupData]

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]

[SetupHotfixesToRun]

Going to run, see what happens. Other guy in forums said integrate and burn went without a hitch, but he had not tried install. I suspect even if that error comes up, skipping will be OK, and install will be ok. Will try to post results

edit 4

OK I just removed SVCPack.inf and the dl and the folder. I expect the install error to come up during instlal but suspect it is one of those fixables later or not needed. Slipstream copy is ok now, will attempt to run

OK, double posting

All I got during install was 2 files missing, of course, the ones I deleted.

After that install went without a hitch. I am on SP2 now, things running fine no errors to report.

Steps to OEM Dell

1)go into I386

2)Delete SVCPACK Directory

3)Delete SVCPACK DL File

4)Delete SVCPACK.Inf file

5) Continue slipstream as normal

No idea if this is the right way or of down the road this will screw us up, but its working fine for me.

Jason signing off, email jasongrieves@hotmail.com if need anything else

I have the same problem slipstreaming my Dell OEM cd with SP2. Found this on the dell slipstreaming support area. It refers to slipstreaming Windows 2000 with sp1. Havent tryed this with XP pro and sp2.

Dell support

I have a 'copy' of the Corporate version of XP pro and was wondering if i copied these files:

SVCPACK Directory

SVCPACK DL File

SVCPACK.Inf file

into the /I386 folder of the Dell OEM will the install work without any errors?