XPcreate recognises the wrong language

Gilrim

First off, GM: truely great work! batching such a complex tast as this - wow.

I've been trying to use XPcreate to make a updated Norwegian installation/Unattend cd, and have run into some problems. See, XPc copies all the files correctly from the cd and into it's temp dir's. Then it attempts to identify the language, and says "found language: ENU" and "Found Localization Version: English". Now this would be grat, if I was making a english image (whitch XPc does excellently).

Is there any info I could gather from the medias, to try help resolve this issues?

I noticed how noone have reported the contents of the norwegian prodspec.ini file, so here goes:

;
;Merknad til bruker: IKKE SLETT ELLER ENDRE DENNE FILEN.
;
[SMS Inventory Identification]
Version=1.0

[Product Specification]
Product=Windows XP Professional

Version=5.0
Localization=English
ServicePackNumber=0

BitVersion=40
[Version]
DriverVer=07/01/2001,5.1.2600.0

Now this seems a bit weird, doesn't it? The warning message is localized to norwegian, but the "Localization" string isnt? no wonder it assumes it's english?

This file is from a Norwegian install disk that came with sp1a slipstreamed from microsoft.

does any of this make sense? oh, and in case anyone was wondering, yes: it *is* a norwegian cd. just installed it at another comuter...

That complicates matters ... For now, change "English" to "Norwegian" somehow, and you should be OK. You might need to do a XPCREATE run with no additional files (SPx, fixes) and edit the CDSOURCE directory. I hope I don't have to start checking that "Merknad til bruker: IKKE SLETT ELLER ENDRE DENNE FILEN." string. If anyone knows an easier way ... please clue me in. For now ... I'm off for at at least a few hours.

Sorry for the quick answer: I gotta run. Please post your findings/solution.

-- 17:12:59 --> Looking for CD Source.
-- 17:12:59 --> Trying to extract the Boot Image.
-- 17:12:59 --> Setting up Run-Time Variables.
-- 17:12:59 --> Listing Hotfixes and Updates.
-- 17:12:59 --> Removing Previous Creation Directories.
-- 17:12:59 --> Removing TEMP Files.
-- 17:12:59 --> Creating TEMP directories.
-- 17:12:59 --> Determine Source Version.
-- 17:13:00 --> Found Source Version: XPP
-- 17:13:00 --> Found Minor Version: 1
-- 17:13:00 --> Found Service Pack Version: 1
-- 17:13:00 --> Found Language Version: NOR
-- 17:13:00 --> Found Localization Version: Norwegian
-- 17:13:00 --> Hotfix Directory used: SP2
-- 17:13:00 --> Downloading Hotfix List.
-- 17:13:05 --> Source not up to date. Need Service Pack.
-- 17:13:05 --> Cannot find SP 0.
-- 17:13:05 --> Downloading Service Pack.

Then it starts to 'download', as you can see in the attached file... doesn't really work _at all_

heh

post-87-1092237419_thumb.jpg

The hotfix list for Norwegian ist empty as nobody provided the hotfix information yet!

GreenMachine is not able to do this all alone - he needs support!

So the easiest way is to install a copy "from scratch" (use a PC or an emulator like VMware or VirtualPC) and run WindowsUpdate to find out which hotfixes are needed for your Norwegian copy of Win XP Pro.

Then refer to the following topic: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=20401 for creating the hotfix list.

Then send it to GreenMachine or post it here and inform him.

There is no other way to get it up without the hotfix list.

That's true ... forgot to mention that earlier. Someone needs to do the Hotfix list. However, from the looks of that image, iOpus is having trouble getting the empty list. Looks like a firewall/proxy type issue, of which there have been many with iOpus. Since the list is empty, your really don't need to download it. In fact, that being the case, the whole point of my afore mentioned workarounds is lost. Simply set DLAUTO=NO in XPCREATE.INI. No downloading will occour, and you are on your own for the correct hotfixes, until someone provides the list.

In the next release, I plan to have a user defined "Language" variable that can over-ride the XPCREATE determined language: Incorrectly English for the Norwegian version in this case.

If you do determine which hotfixes you need, please do take frankiboy_01's suggestion, and fill in the missing information as described in the thread he linked to above.

Sorry for the misunderstanding (or temporary brain loss), and I hope it works out.