Windows 2003 Cd Burning

renzki

i cant seem to burn cds in windows 2003. i tried nero and also the cdburn.exe that microsoft provided from their toolkit. imapi service is disabled when using nero and enabled when using cdburn.exe, as what instructions says. the error says that there is a power calibration error. how do you get around this one. the cd drive works well when tested in windows xp using fienmans iso burner. please help!

I had the same problem with my 2003 box. I wonder if it's a hardware specific problem. My box is an Intel P3-450 on an Intel SE440BX-2 Mainboard and the burner is an LG 52x32x52. Is any of this hardware similar to yours

Also when my 2003 trial ended, I brought the same box back online as a 2000 Server and can burn cd's with no problems.

i cant seem to burn cds in windows 2003. i tried nero and also the cdburn.exe that microsoft provided from their toolkit. imapi service is disabled when using nero and enabled when using cdburn.exe, as what instructions says. the error says that there is a power calibration error. how do you get around this one. the cd drive works well when tested in windows xp using fienmans iso burner. please help!

Maybe you don't have Enable the Sound Acceleration.

If you don't............. then read this: http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/sound.htm

If you have enable the Sound Acceleration and don't work maybe is because the IMAPI CD-burning COM service needs to be enabled. To enable it:

1>click Start, then Run, and type "services.msc" (without quotes) and click

OK

2>Find the "IMAPI CD-burning COM" service (without quotes), Right Click and select Properties,

Select "Automatic" instead of "Disabled" (without quotes) in the startup

type box

3>Click Apply.

4>Click Start

5>Click OK.

msfn guide ses that i disable imapi service when using nero. also ive already enabled/disabled services that msfn suggested but to no avail. the first time i installed win2003, the burner was able to initiate burning using nero but later it just stays on the 2% finished. the burner led just keeps on blinking. this is really giving me a headache! but looking on the bright side, win2003 works very fast.