SP2 build .2179 <- RTM?

visitor

@visitor: ...Build 2179 isn't RTM by the way. It was going to be but they had to fix a few more little bugs and application compatibility. Build 2179, I think, will expire is 180 days.

Will it?

How can we test/know before then?

Turning system clock ahead & rebooting did not expire our installation...

thaNX

@visitor: ...Build 2179 isn't RTM by the way. It was going to be but they had to fix a few more little bugs and application compatibility. Build 2179, I think, will expire is 180 days.

Will it?

How can we test/know before then?

Turning system clock ahead & rebooting did not expire our installation...

thaNX

Check the EULA? :rolleyes: It usually says... :)

Why does it matter?

1. In an ironic twist to the saying - "If it works don't mess with it." (twisted because by installing .2179 we've already messed with it) - it's installed & working.

2. If someone knows the differences between .2179 & .2180, I could more specifically answer the question...

3. Curiosity killed the computer, eh? - but it would be of interest to us to know where the order comes from that tells the system that a SP is expired & how to know ahead of time. @ gamehead200 - Am I mistaken in thinking I've read posts by peeps who believed they installed the final, but who's EULA read something RE 180 days?

thaNX

Try setting your clock ahead 200 days and see. Personally, I would update to 2180 because it is final and is official supported. 2179 isn't supported.

There was 2 or 3 major bugs that were fixed between 2179 and 2180.