Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WIHU Discussions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

IceBlackIce

IceBlackIce

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 08-November 03
First I'd like to thank Benjamin for the amazing app you have done...you are the one to blame for having me to rewrite my whole system of appz instalations :) .
I've been writing my own ini and i've come with a small glitch i dont know how to overcome...its not a big deal...but im a little perfeccionist. Following theres a part of my file

; Sub command 1
description.1=Internet Explorer 6
command.1=%CURDIR%\other\ie6sp1\ie6setup.exe /Q:A /R:N
selected.1 = 1
key.1.0=HKLM:Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Build?>62800.1106
hidden.1=0

; Sub command 1.0
description.1.0=Nothing
command.1.0=cmd.exe /c @echo Nothing
selected.1.0 = 0
hidden.1.0=1

; Sub command 1.1
description.1.1=Internet Explorer 6 Updates
command.1.1=cmd.exe /c @echo Nothing
selected.1.1 = 1
hidden.1.1=0

; Sub command 1.1.0
description.1.1.0=Actualização acumulada de segurança para o Internet Explorer 6 SP1 (KB824145)
command.1.1.0=%CURDIR%\hotfixes\q824145.exe /Q:A /R:N
selected.1.1.0 = 1
hidden.1.1.0=0

; Sub command 1.1.1
description.1.1.1=330994: Abril de 2003 - Actualização de segurança para o Outlook Express 6 SP1
command.1.1.1=%CURDIR%\hotfixes\q330994.exe /Q:A /R:N
selected.1.1.1 = 1
hidden.1.1.1=0

I will use this in two ways...following an unatended instalation of win2k...where there shouldnt be a problem since i want to install all of that. The problem occurs
when i only want to update a system where i have ie6 already installed and only want to install the patchs in an automatic way...Some help with a workaround someone?
Once again...claps for Benjamin...thank you very much.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
  • Joined 25-September 03
@IceBlackIce
I believe there is a reason WIHU has it's own forum now... :)
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
@Alanoll-
No probs now, sorted into its own topic. :)

Here we go...
A starter-pack, (sort of) for igniting the loads of posts which are inevitable. Shoot away questions, and new releases here.
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

BenjaminKalytta

BenjaminKalytta

Developer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Joined 08-June 04
@IceBlackIce: Just test new version (web site). Should work there.
Please note: If parent of a subtree isn't checked, none of it's children will be executed later.

Benjamin

IceBlackIce

IceBlackIce

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 08-November 03
@Benjamin

I'm really sorry to be such a pain but...yeah you are right...if it goes unnatended it pops up unchecked and everything fine, but if i change any of the sub tree items, it gains again...and its executed, even though it doesnt appear in the log file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users