User Creation Page Suggestion

bilemke

Finally got to reading about all the activity with WIHU... Great job Benjamin Kalytta! :)

Been playing with it for a few hours, something I would love to see...

When creating a user interactively, instead of by using users.ini, would it be possible for all of the user related paths to default to the usering root profile directory like "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\%shellfolder%"?

Ideally dynamically find this so if it windows is not installed to "C:" it would locate the proper directory.. I know many people probably use your program as a way to make the user account store on some other drive letter, but I often leave mine in the default location.

@MCT

Correct.. sorta.. %userprofile% will get you "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%"

This will not work for a new user path as it would alway come up as "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator" if you were running WIHU under the Administrator account.

I am looking for in the interactive mode of WIHU to take the user name I enter on the very top of page, say "bilemke", and fill in all the other paths with a default. Like HOMEPATH would fill in after tabing out of the username box and say "\Documents and Settings\bilemke"... Else it can result in a lot of typing..

Maybe even adding a "Browse" button next to each box... :)

@bilemke: Which fields do you mean, or which things should be initialized?

Shellfolders (if not specified) will always created automatically by windows at %USERPROFILE%\ShellFolderName.

Remains Home and Profile directory whereby both will created automatically by windows on correct place %SystemRoot%\Documents And Settings\NewUser

Or did I missunderstand you?

Benjamin