Suggestions

kalavera

Hi!

I'm in the unattended "business" for some time, but only know i have started using WIHU to control the user creation at the end of my installations.

I'm missing a feature ... to be able to rename the Administrator for anything else, but using the GUI (i know it can be done statically using command line parameter).

Besides renaming, changing the user properties via the GUI would be great.

Another thing that i found is that if i want to disable and change password for "Guest" account, it disables it but in the information log it gives an error about not being able to logon to that account ... what can it be?

Another suggestion would be the possibility to delete user accounts, like ASPNET.

I also think i have found a "bug", at least a annoyance. I have in user.ini the commands to disable "Administrator" account. But the problem is when i start wihu and choose "use currently logged user" (in this case Administrator, because it is after a unattended install). Then it goes normally but executes the disable admin command!! Then i can't enter windows because there isn't any account active.

Thanks and keep the good work!

I'm missing a feature ... to be able to rename the Administrator for anything else, but using the GUI (i know it can be done statically using command line parameter).

Besides renaming, changing the user properties via the GUI would be great.

Hhm, but why's GUI support for this issue important? :unsure: Can't this be done much more easily by the configuration files?
Another suggestion would be the possibility to delete user accounts, like ASPNET.

Yes, you're right, this could be a nice feature. :)

Then i can't enter windows because there isn't any account active.

Wow! Well, I haven't tried this yet but is it really possible? I always thought Windows takes care that there is always at least one admin account present. But maybe I'm wrong?

Hhm, but why's GUI support for this issue important?  Can't this be done much more easily by the configuration files?

I'm trying to do a generic windows unattended installation for me and my friends ... this is why i can't hardcode those variables in a configuration file.

This way if i just want to use one admin account but in every install i want to put it for example my name it would be easier (right now what i do is when i enter for the first time, go to manage users and rename manually the Administrator account, for "My Name")

The edit user feature in the GUI would be very nice, also listing the current users in the system (so we can delete for example those SUPPORT, and ASPNET unwanted accounts right from one place, or changing Guest account password like i always do)

I'm trying to do a generic windows unattended installation for me and my friends ... this is why i can't hardcode those variables in a configuration file.

This way if i just want to use one admin account but in every install i want to put it for example my name it would be easier (right now what i do is when i enter for the first time, go to manage users and rename manually the Administrator account, for "My Name")

The edit user feature in the GUI would be very nice, also listing the current users in the system (so we can delete for example those SUPPORT, and ASPNET unwanted accounts right from one place, or changing Guest account password like i always do)

I second all these wishes including a GUI control for renaming the Admin account :yes:

I  also think i have found a "bug", at least a annoyance. I have in user.ini the commands to disable "Administrator" account. But the problem is when i start wihu and choose "use currently logged user" (in this case Administrator, because it is after a unattended install). Then it goes normally but executes the disable admin command!! Then i can't enter windows because there isn't any account active.
That's no bug, that's intended. If you logon as current user (which may be Administrator) and you disable this, it's normal that you can't log on anymore if this is the only one account.

Other things I'll implement if I got time for this.

Another thing that i found is that if i want to disable and change password for "Guest" account, it disables it but in the information log it gives an error about not being able to logon to that account ... what can it be?

It's normal, Guest can't be logged on by default.

Benjamin