Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
t-o-m-m-y

.ini instructions

11 posts in this topic

hi benjamin

did you thought about ini instructions?

Or what's with variables for the name which i put in together with the serial# during windows setup?

For example so I could change the username of a program in a setup.iss script of installshield setup. Of i could change any paths or other strings in a reg file before executing.

i think, there are many possibilities what to make with this.

bye

t-o-m-m-y

ini instructions: mmh, ini file commands

iniwrite.0.1=ini_filename section_name entry_name value

so that i can write to or read from .ini files dynamic.

for example you can execute a setup with the command

command.0=powerdvd\setup.exe /S

but before want to do this:

iniwrite.0.1=powerdvd\setup.iss {6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdRegisterUserEx-0 szName %Owner%

so i can install this program on the PC of BenjaminKalytta or on RamonaKalytta's pc, and the owner of the program is the same as the computer once

t-o-m-m-y

or could anybody write a little program to which i can start with the 4 parameters, and this program write the string

No, INI Script ... sounds interessting, but hey, this isn't a scripting language :P . What I can do here is to add %OWNER%, %ORG% and other environment variables which correspondends WIHU GUI settings.

Benjamin

Thank God! ;) Please don't add too many features to WIHU. Isn't it supposed to be a Windows Installation Helper Utility, right - and not a eierlegende Wollmilchsau as we call it in German? :P

eierlegende Wollmilchsau=egg-laying woolly milch sow=all-in-one.