Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

.ini instructions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

t-o-m-m-y

t-o-m-m-y

• 24 posts
hi benjamin

did you thought about ini instructions?
Or what's with variables for the name which i put in together with the serial# during windows setup?

For example so I could change the username of a program in a setup.iss script of installshield setup. Of i could change any paths or other strings in a reg file before executing.

i think, there are many possibilities what to make with this.

bye
t-o-m-m-y

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

BenjaminKalytta

BenjaminKalytta

Developer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
What do you mean with ini instructions?

Benjamin

my2001

my2001

• PipPip
  • 260 posts
@Tommy

Maybe u wanna look here:
Changelog

t-o-m-m-y

t-o-m-m-y

• 24 posts
ini instructions: mmh, ini file commands
iniwrite.0.1=ini_filename section_name entry_name value

so that i can write to or read from .ini files dynamic.

for example you can execute a setup with the command
command.0=powerdvd\setup.exe /S

but before want to do this:
iniwrite.0.1=powerdvd\setup.iss {6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}-SdRegisterUserEx-0 szName %Owner%

so i can install this program on the PC of BenjaminKalytta or on RamonaKalytta's pc, and the owner of the program is the same as the computer once

t-o-m-m-y

t-o-m-m-y

t-o-m-m-y

• 24 posts
or could anybody write a little program to which i can start with the 4 parameters, and this program write the string

BenjaminKalytta

BenjaminKalytta

Developer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
No, INI Script ... sounds interessting, but hey, this isn't a scripting language :P . What I can do here is to add %OWNER%, %ORG% and other environment variables which correspondends WIHU GUI settings.

Benjamin

opensurf

opensurf

• 22 posts
@t-o-m-m-y

i don't know exactly what you want, but i use inimod.exe in batchfiles(http://ww2.netnitco....h/claysutl.html) to change values within inifiles.

CU,
opensurf

t-o-m-m-y

t-o-m-m-y

• 24 posts
great
this is the that, what i searched for

thanks
t-o-m-m-y

my2001

my2001

• PipPip
  • 260 posts
Thank God! ;) Please don't add too many features to WIHU. Isn't it supposed to be a Windows Installation Helper Utility, right - and not a eierlegende Wollmilchsau as we call it in German? :P

DisabledTrucker

DisabledTrucker

The truck or you is disabled?

• PipPip
  • 274 posts
eierlegende Wollmilchsau=egg-laying woolly milch sow=all-in-one.
Matthew 22:36-40

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law?" And he, (Jesus,) said to him, "You shall love the Lord Your GOD with all your heart and all your soul and with all your mind. This is the greatest and first commandment. And the second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets."

my2001

my2001

• PipPip
  • 260 posts
:lol: Yeah, that's absolutely right. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN