How do i get Microsoft SP2 ?

shizznats

What does this mean? "Windows XP Service Pack 2 for IT Professionals and Developers" ... it says in CAPS "DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER" .... i AM only using one personal computer, should i still update to this SP2?

Thanks

B)

windows xp service pack 2 for network and it professionals is about hefty 272 mb in size huge ever released by ms . It has combined fixes for home edition asnd professional

You find this by extracting the exe and get the folder i386 \ip and \ic

ip > for professional

ic > for home edition

now if you want you can express installer for windows xp by autmatic updates now now

but on 25th august

1.60 mb exp installer + 70mb of files > windows xp home

1.60 mb exp insatller + 90mb of files > windows xp professional

:thumbup

I'm not sure why MS is so adamant that people depend on Windows Update for installing SP2. The only advantage is a smaller download which varies depending on your system. In the long run, it's not really an advantage. If you want to slipstream sp2 then you have to use the full package. Also, if you need to re-install XP, then it's back to windows update again...

I just finished downloading SP2 yesterday. 14 hours. So far, no problems. I slipstreamed it into my original XP disk. For now, however, I have just installed sp2 over my orginial installation. It's working great.