Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[How-to] XP CD Names

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

DisabledTrucker

DisabledTrucker

The truck or you is disabled?

• PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 02-July 04
Ok, I don't know if anyones asked and answered this yet or not, because I cannot find it, maybe someone with a MSDN account can answer this for me, what are the cd names for XP SP2?

I know that XRMPFPP_EN is XPPRO SP1 and WXPFPP_EN is XPPRO Gold and that X1APFPP_EN is XPPROSP1, but what is the name of the disk for XPPRO SP2? Also, if you can enlighten those whom have home what the naming is for them as well for SP2. I know that most can be found on "TackTech", but they didn't have the ones for SP2 listed yet, and I was curious if what I was using was correct or not.

***EDIT*** Quest is over, Jotnar found it for me. Thanks Jotnar! He has included all of them, for all versions of Windows from Windows 95 on, in his post below, if your interested.

edit (by Sonic): Jotnar's post : http://www.msfn.org/...ic=25018&st=32#
Matthew 22:36-40

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law?" And he, (Jesus,) said to him, "You shall love the Lord Your GOD with all your heart and all your soul and with all your mind. This is the greatest and first commandment. And the second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets."

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

DisabledTrucker

DisabledTrucker

• PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 02-July 04
You mean that M$ hasn't yet decided on a name for the CD yet for SP2?

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law?" And he, (Jesus,) said to him, "You shall love the Lord Your GOD with all your heart and all your soul and with all your mind. This is the greatest and first commandment. And the second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets."

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
  • Joined 13-October 03
does this help u?
http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=312

arablizzard2413

arablizzard2413

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 08-April 04
Well I don't know if this is right, but I've been naming my disks WX2PFPP_EN (for retail professional) and WX2HFPP_EN (for retail home). I guessed at what their naming pattern was, WX (for Windows XP) 2 (for service pack 2) P/H (Professional or Home) and FPP (their way of saying retail, I don't get it but...). Oh and by the way XRMPFPP_EN is what they used for the original sp1 (not sp1a), the gold version was WXPFPP_EN. Notice how the gold cd name is 1 character short and the sp1a cd name has 1 more but is missing the W because they had to add an A (for 1A), so I decided to just add a 2 after the WX. Either way, it doesn't matter what name you give it, it never checks for that or anything.

This site might help:
http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=283

*XtremeMaC* the names for sp2 on that page are from the sp2 beta, the rest of the cd's aren't named like that.
Perhaps the Most Truthful: on Microsoft marketing:
"There won't be anything we won't say to people to try and convince
them that our way is the way to go."

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• 5,070 posts
  • Joined 13-October 03
gottcha! :P
though not so many sp2 names in mine nor yours
just 1 in mine, i'm sure if u contact them as they say on their site they'll fetch the info for u

@arablizzard2413 I don't see any sp2 names on your link :) and link I've given only has 1..

at the end doesn't matter....use anything....

Edited by XtremeMaC, 18 August 2004 - 08:30 PM.

arablizzard2413

arablizzard2413

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 08-April 04
seconds before! Drat! I need to type faster. Yeah, but I was trying to illistrate my pattern theory.

DisabledTrucker

DisabledTrucker

• PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 02-July 04
I've been to tacktech in fact I had mentioned it in the opening of the thread, is why I had asked what it was. I had been naming mine X2PFPP_EN, without the "W" but I wasn't sure if that was correct. I hadn't thought to add the extra "W" there. I was hoping someone who has a MSDN account could tell us what M$ was saying it was supposed to be named. I know that sometimes they change it. Also, I went back and re-edited the names for GOLD and SP-1 just as I believe you all were posting those above.

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• 5,070 posts
  • Joined 13-October 03
oops sorry didn't read carefully :( shame on me :D
@arablizzard2413 we couldn't make it lol :lol:

edit: I'd look at some usefull pages but my darn isp is flushing the dns's or something I cannot open any sites :(( hopefully msfn is on Posted Image

DisabledTrucker

DisabledTrucker

• PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 02-July 04
I had to let my MSDN account go when I got disabled, or I would look it up myself. It should tell on that portion of the website what the new CD name is by now, since it's been sent for CD creation. And I hadn't realized when I first typed it which was which untill I went back and relooked again at them to make sure, but now I have it straightened out.

arablizzard2413

arablizzard2413

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 08-April 04
Searched on Yahoo and Google, seems they don't have it posted on any sites... I didn't get any useful results... :no:

DisabledTrucker

DisabledTrucker

• PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 02-July 04
I know I did that before I had asked, but it should tell on MSDN, where you go to download the cd's somewhere what the name of the CD is in that format. I know they used to have it and had a list of them that you could access without an MSDN account, but I can't get back into that anymore, because it seems they moved it to the MSDN site.

*EDIT*
The list you could access without the account, not the actual downloads.

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04
Honestly, Windows couldn't give a rat's a** what you call your CD. :D

I just call mine WXPVOL_EN regardless of what the hell I put on it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

DisabledTrucker

DisabledTrucker

• PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 02-July 04
I know Windows doesn't, I do...

msbhi22

msbhi22

bhisham

• 39 posts
  • Joined 16-July 03
Volume lic copy X1APVOL_EN > PROFFESIONAL EDITION
OEM copy X1APOEM_EN " " '
Retial copy X1ARETL_EN " " " "

Home edition X1AHOEM_EN > OEM COPY
Home edition volume licen > X1AHVOL_EN
HOME edition retail copy > X1AHRETL_EN

msbhi22

msbhi22

bhisham

• 39 posts
  • Joined 16-July 03
Volume lic copy X1APVOL_EN > PROFFESIONAL EDITION
OEM copy X1APOEM_EN " " '
Retial copy X1APRETL_EN " " " "

Home edition X1AHOEM_EN > OEM COPY
Home edition volume licen > X1AHVOL_EN
HOME edition retail copy > X1AHRETL_EN

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04
To get the official SP2 cd labels, you'll have to wait a bit since the retail copies don't even exist yet. The labels should start coming out next month or so.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Jotnar

Jotnar

• PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
Its VRMPFPP_EN for the MSDN Windows XP Pro SP2 intregrated CD (Which is the same as retail). Attached is a list of all the ones I know off. If anyone happens to have a non-slipstreamed Windows 2000 w/SP2 CD, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me the dates the files have.

Cheers

Attached Files

gabriel_buc

gabriel_buc

G@bR!e|_

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Joined 05-August 04
I searched in my CD collection and I finally found Win 2000 w/Sp2 CD.

The file dates are:
5/8/01  3:00PM  (15:00:00)   51873OEM
I don't know what last column represents in your list.

I think with this infos your list is now complete. :thumbup

PS:Quite an impresive list. Thanks for sharing it. :w00t:

EDIT: I added that PID from the setupp.ini. The CD I have is Win2000 Pro. So that PID is for this product.
G@bR!e|_

Jotnar

Jotnar

• PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
Thanks! The last column in the list is the pid that appears in the setupp.ini in the I386 folder.

Cheers

DisabledTrucker

DisabledTrucker

• PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 02-July 04

Its VRMPFPP_EN for the MSDN Windows XP Pro SP2 intregrated CD (Which is the same as retail).  Attached is a list of all the ones I know off.  If anyone happens to have a non-slipstreamed Windows 2000 w/SP2 CD, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me the dates the files have.

Cheers

Thanks, all I wanted to know, maybe once the CD's are released someone can update this if it's different. Also, thanks for the complete list. :thumbup :w00t:

@msbhi22, those are SP-1A disk labels.

*EDIT* Aaron, or one of the powers that be, if you can make this a sticky or link to this for those who are interested, pointing directly to Jotnar's post with the actual download in it, it would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
*EDIT*

ToBe

ToBe

WannaBe

• PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Joined 21-November 03

Home edition volume licen >   X1AHVOL_EN

I thought there was no volume version of Windows XP Home? Is there really, or is it a "home made" version?

EDIT/ According to microsoft there is none: http://www.microsoft...ol/default.mspx /EDIT

Edited by ToBe, 21 August 2004 - 04:58 AM.

gabriel_buc

gabriel_buc

G@bR!e|_

• PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Joined 05-August 04
@Jotnar: why don't you add the info I provided to your file and reupload it ?

@Moderators: As DisabledTrucker said it would be nice if this thread would be sticky or at least put that list on MSFN site to be available for everyone.
G@bR!e|_

Dan

Dan
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 26-August 04
I have a (?) what does the VRMP stand for in VRMPFPP? and would the Volume version for SP2 be: VRMPVOL_EN?
looking to find a replacement label for sp2 in WXPVOL_EN

I found this on the web:

Windows XP Professional (SP2) Reinstallation CD
from Dell. Label: XP2_PRO_ENG

DisabledTrucker

DisabledTrucker

• PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Joined 02-July 04
I believe that Tacktech has the answer to the question you are asking for on it's site, all I know is that the last two letters are the abreviations for the language that the original disk was in. For example EN=English. And that "RM" usually means "Retail Model", other than that I can't really help you, sorry. It also may have already been covered elsewhere on this site, though I am currently unaware of any threads other than this one that relate to this topic.

**EDIT**

As posted on TackTech:

CCP = Compliance Checking Program
FPP = Full Packaged Product
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer
VLK = Volume License Product Key

Though it still doesn't answer your question.

**EDIT**

Jotnar

Jotnar

• PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
The "P" in VRMP is or Professional, don't know what the VRM is. The volume discs, as far as I know, aren't released with an integrated service pack. VRMPVOL_EN is what the label would be if they did though.

Cheers

*Edit - Well I guess they do...whoops :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN