wont load any themes :(

Ok, I've found a few reg keys related to styles (which might affect this more than the theme does) and i think i might have something here to add to the reg files we're each using. personally i'm using the royale theme. i'm going to test this out, but see if this helps anyone:

;set shell style

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]"ShellStyleFile"="royale.msstyles"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager]

"ThemeActive"="1"

"DllName"="%SystemRoot%\resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultVisualStyleOn]

"InstallVisualStyle"="%ResourceDir%\themes\Royale\royale.msstyles"

well i added those lines and removed this [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Themes]

"Start"=dword:00000004

which i had l to start the service as this actualy seemed to be disabling it, i have tried dword 2 3 and 4 with the same results.now ive insatlled agin and once agin the windows classic theme is loaded and in services its set to automatic but not started ,so i hit start browse to a theme and the same error apears "the service is not running blah blah"

Some help please! ive insatlled a total of 17 times since starting this cd please no more! lol :)

The /S is definitely needed or regedit will think you are trying to import 2 files; a file named s and a file named registry.reg.

I got my cmdlines info from another site before i found this one and while i havent seen any errors in my install the registry tweaks have shown to be applyed and ive no probelms without the / before the S but will add it anyway. Thanks for the heads up it was just something i spotted differnt in my cmdlines file from his and thought maybe it was an issue.

my reg files dont work. not sure why your theme service isn't starting. it should be starting on its own by default....... why not try taking out all those lines concerning it and see what happens then?

for me, still doesnt load the theme for the newly created user...

Are u applying custom Reg tweaks, if yes then there might be some tweak that is switching of your theme service or the 'use visual style on windows on buttons'

property. Check your tweaks carefully cause this has happened to a friend of mine.

UPDATE

i have altered my regfiles etc and even removed all reg completly from insatll tried varoius versions of uxtheme.dll

read agin :P .ive tried withput any reg files at all in my install and still have the same problem.this dont make any sense