SP2 warning messages

Hello all,

I'm looking for a reg tweak to disable the following warning messages :

- when running an executable file (.reg, .bat, .exe etc.) from an unknown publisher

- when moving from a website to another in IE

I've done a search on the forum before ... but didn't find anything :}

cap2.jpg

Thank you.

post-70-1093049795_thumb.jpg

For anyone that can't read the French, here are MY translations:

For the first one:

The following site is trying to open a site listed in your approved site list. Can you authorize this operation?

Second one, I'm pretty sure most people can figure it out... ;)

It doesn't work. Same for this tweak.

The answay maybe inside documentation.

From what i've found in it, i tried that reg which didn't work either :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download]"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download]

"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000001

:realmad:

I may have the beginning of the solution ! I found out the way to disable the warning messages to run executables files, it has to do with the Group policy :

To disable the warning start the Group Policy Editor (Start > Run, type gpedit.msc and press OK) and go to:

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager then set Inclusion list for low file types to Enabled and enter the file types you don't want to be warned about in the box (for example: .htm;.exe).

http://extremetechsupport.org/forum/showth...92&page=1&pp=10

Now, what we need is the keys in the registry to make the tweak reg. Does anybody know how to find out them since that modification in the group policy ?

Thank you.

I used this tool which logged me loads and loads of registry entries ... although i enabled the filter to log the writing ones only. From this, i created a .reg which didn't work. That's a real puzzle, i mean. Haver you ever managed to find out the tweak needed ? :o

Well, i give up on this method. This stuff is driving me crazy :crazy: ....

It's quite strange that nobody published a reg tweak to disable that stuff. I've spent HOURS on Google with no success. Does anybody here who makes an XP+SP2 CD leaves this harrassent warning message up ?

Please helppppppppppp.

:hello:

Well, no IE used by me. :D

So it doesn't bother me. And in networked environments, that caution screen is good. And yes, no solution found to this since the days of SP2-RC2. I would hazard a guess that the "Registry Tweaks...." thread is where this annoyance :) will be shown the door.

Same here. I don't use IE and I've never seen those screens (which don't make much sense to me either lol).

But instead of trying to find a pre-made tweak to solve the problem, perhaps you have to find out what has to be done to make it go away, then make a fix from that... I've never encountered those so don't count on me to find a fix...

• 4 months later...
I may have the beginning of the solution ! I found out the way to disable the warning messages to run executables files, it has to do with the Group policy :
To disable the warning start the Group Policy Editor (Start > Run, type gpedit.msc and press OK) and go to:

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager then set Inclusion list for low file types to Enabled and enter the file types you don't want to be warned about in the box (for example: .htm;.exe).

http://extremetechsupport.org/forum/showth...92&page=1&pp=10

Now, what we need is the keys in the registry to make the tweak reg. Does anybody know how to find out them since that modification in the group policy ?

Old post,but thanks for that tweak.That was annoying me to no end...I believe it might be the cause of some misconfiguration somewhere however,as this issue only popped recently.Possibly a permissions issue,although I am not to fussed as my xp 'box' is locked down in a virtual machine.