Wireless Internet

Since This About Internet Ill post it here. recently i got a laptop and want to put wireless internet on it, anyone know any sites with wireless internet with the speed of at least a dsl

edit:a site with a good deal would be appreciated.

Well, you can't really get wireless Internet service. What you can get, though, is Interntet Service such as DSL or Cable and connect it to a wireless router, such as the Linksys Router and the corresponding Network adapter.

As of ISP's, I use Verizon Online DSL and am very happy with my service. The upload speed isn't the greatest, but it is still a great bargain.

If you want something really fast, I suggest Cox cable, which has just updated to 5 Mbps on their fastest service. Pretty nice.

zprog, I'm not too sure that you are correct. I know we don't have anything like this in the UK (pretty backward when it comes to decent connections), but I am aware of this service http://www.datatruck.com/

I appreciate that it is a pretty limited area of service, but it is wireless. I would have to assume that where there is one, you should be able to find others.

i dont think its possible to have a dircet connection to your laptop, unless you find a hi0fi hot spot or something, but these are normaly in business areas, airports, ect. if you want to have this at home, your choices should involve buying a wireless access point with a dsl modem(any service provider will work).

Also, if you want, you can get satelite internet, i dont know how big the dish is, but you still need a 56k modem to upload, and the dish has to be outside.

it all depends on your needs, whether its for home use or business, or travel

i dont think its possible to have a dircet connection to your laptop, unless you find a hi0fi hot spot or something, but these are normaly in business areas, airports, ect.  if you want to have this at home, your choices should involve buying a wireless access point with a dsl modem(any service provider will work).

Also, if you want, you can get satelite internet, i dont know how big the dish is, but you still need a 56k modem to upload, and the dish has to be outside.

it all depends on your needs, whether its for home use or business, or travel

You can have wireless Internet through the following methods:

- connecting your laptop/desktop to your cellphone (very slow)

- Satellite Internet (not very good in my opinion)

- connecting a wireless access point to your DSL modem and accessing the Internet using a wireless card

Make any sense? I hope so! ;)