dpnmodem.dll missing or corrupt

I just slipstreamed SP2 into my unattended XP install, and now I've run into problems. During the initial blue screen setup process, it gives me errors about how certain files are missing or corrupt, like the dpnmodem.dll file.

The only thing I can think of is that I used an existing unattended XP install that already had SP1 in it when I slipstreamed SP2. I also had DirectX 9 slipstreamed into the CD, as well as the 10MB pre-SP2 rollup hotfix, so I'm guessing that's what's causing the files to show up missing or corrupt.

Any ideas? I'd really like to get SP2 slipstreamed. :)

• 4 weeks later...

It has to do with SP2 being slipstreamed. My already existing SP1 slipstreamed CD, and ISO image work just fine. When I slipstream SP2 into my SP1 CD, it gives me this error.

Burnung speeds don't matter, seeing as how I'm using ISO's under VMWare Workstation to test them. :)

Have you searched the sp1 slipstreamed cd for that file.

i Had the same problem ,it was a file to a driver in my "\$OEM$\$1\Drivers" that coust the trouble.

I moved the driver to the "\$OEM$\$1\Install (it was a EXE file that i had unpacked)and removed it from winnt.sif file (oemdriverpath) and use the exe in my

RunOnceEx.cmd ....After that all FINE....

Sorry a boat my FREnch :lol:

Edited by rotvi